View Single Post

Old 08-13-2005, 12:48 AM
Jovi Geek

Send a message via AIM to RyanBounce04 Send a message via MSN to RyanBounce04 Send a message via Yahoo to RyanBounce04
Default Review: System of a Down - August 11th

Dallas, Texas.... What a place to see a concert. LOL... We got to the arena around 3:30 because we had to try and sell our extra ticket. One of my buddies couldn't go because he got in trouble. To come to our unsurprising characteristics... We didn't sell the ticket. Instead, we waited over 2 hours in the hot sun. When we finally got to our seats, they ended up being closer than they appeared so it was close to perfect. A band called "Bad Acid Trip" started the show and I didn't understand a word they sang. It was noise... It wasn't that hard to take a nap because I didn't sleep the night before. LOL... Later along 7:45, Mars Volta took the stage. I have heard one song and I wasn't impressed. I was soon to change my mind about this band because they totally rocked. They played for 50 minutes non-stop... I mean... NONSTOP... The singer is a badass and I loved how he danced around stage the whole time. Not to mention the sax, flute, and other percussion involved. Overall, Mars Volta was totally kickass and I wouldn't mind seeing those guys again. Around 9:15, the real show was about to begin. The lights went out and all we could see is the guitarist through the curtain with the spotlight... He busted out Soldier Side and everyone sang the song.... It was great... Then the curtains dropped and the band went right into BYOB... (The weed was everywhere on top of that!) They continued to play songs such as Revenga, Question!, Sugar, Bounce, Deer Dance, Spiders... ETC.. Pretty much everything off of the first 3 albums. Not to mention, they played a new tune called Kill Rock N' Roll... Pretty good stuff! All in all.... System of a Down was absolutely ace. The show was awesome and the band puts on one hell of a show. Go see them.. It's worth it! I'll post the setlists for the bands here in a bit.

Ryan
Tampa Bay Lightning - 2004 Stanley Cup Champions
Philadelphia Soul - 2008 AFL Champions
Oklahoma City Thunder - ????????