Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Babyshambles

Other Bands

Old 10-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Hardest Part is the Night

Send a message via MSN to SomethingToBelieveIn
Default Babyshambles

Has anyone gave their debut album 'Down In Albion' a listen? It's quite great I must admit. And a credit to Pete Doherty considering his a junkie, atleast something good has came out of his terrible habit.

The album is a mix between rock, punk rock, reggae and even a bit of grunge. Off the first listen you wont fall completely in love with the album due to the fact Pete's vocals are not the clearest, however give it time, and a second listen and its not a bad album. I do believe 16 tracks is a bit to much, and it could have been narrowed down alittle, however overall it is a solid debut album for an artist who has had troubles in the past.

Your thoughts? If any, because I know the man is not that popular with alot of people.

Old 10-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Runaway

downloaded it yesterday... great album! Already liked the Libertines so was curious what would come out of Babyshambles... I'm glad Pete kept that "loose" feeling in his song, same about the production, some mistakes and out of tune backing vox but still it sounds great... You can say a lot about Pete Doherty's drugs problem, but somehow he still manages to write great songs!

Shame they cancelled their gig in Amsterdam last saturday, was looking forward to check them out... Does anybody know if they play any of the Libertines material live or just 'shambles songs?
Old 10-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Send a message via MSN to SomethingToBelieveIn

Just Babyshambles stuff. However, often as a crowd pleaser, Pete will do an encore on his own with an accoustic. More often then not he will play Time For Heroes.