Thread: Rush
View Single Post

Old 04-19-2009, 05:18 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

I am a huge Rush fan - and have been for years. I may be a bit more partial to their earlier stuff but it's all excellent. Peart is not only a better than excellent drummer he writes the lyrics - I will choose free will - oh yeah. It's criminal and must be political that they are not in the Rock Hall of Fame.

On the subject of Rush fans though - hmm..... Even going to a concert is an odd experience for a veteran rocker like me. The audience is quiet for the most part and they spend a lot of time in their seats. I can understand quiet appreciation but many of their songs are rockers and I feel odd when I'm the only one up and rocking and singing along.

It's a fact though that certain bands attract different types of people. I am a bigger Bruce fan than Bon Jovi fan - but I am not happy on the Bruce boards at all. I have always been comfortable here but I don't go near the Backstage fanclub board even though I'm a member.

As with Bruce, David, I have a lot of Rush bootlegs (not as many as Bruce by far but quite a few). Did you get their Rush in Rio concert DVD? It's awesome. I also have a 3 DVD audience bootleg from the R30 tour from Radio City Music Hall. It's probably one of the best filmed audience bootlegs out there. If there is something you are looking for - you need only to ask

You write your truth and I'll write mine.