Thread: Scorpions
View Single Post

Old 02-17-2004, 10:50 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneDeaf
They WERE great band, now they're "just" good one. Thinking bout their age & the time they have been around, they SURE KICK BUTT of bands like Jovi
Now they are actually not even a good band except of their live shows.Their albums in the last 10 years have just detroyed an image they buit up and a hell lot of their fans didn't want to hear The Scorps anymore.

They surely have a lot of great great songs...still i don't consider them better than Bon Jovi even if they are one od the most innovative hard rock bands ever.

I can't even imagine who was listening to such heavy music as the SCorps in the 70s...it's ****'belivable.

And Uli Jon Roth is a guitar legend...definetly...even Eddie covered him.
1st part. indeed, they sure have gone the cheesy way.

2nd part. their albums from seventies had NO FILLERS at all. Nothing but killer tunes. Tokyo Tapes & World Wide Live are close to best live albums released.

3rd part. ther must have been some people attached to it, since they did well back then. Comparing scorps against many successful artists from same era, scorps do sound bit different.

4th part. I think Uli was what "made" the scorps. He's quite unique and diverse.