View Single Post

Old 05-19-2018, 01:23 AM
Something for the Posts

Default And we're off!

Quote:
ConsequenceOfSound.com: ...Women’s advocacy group UltraViolet is urging...Spotify...to...flex its new hate content policy by removing the music (of) other artists accused of sexual abuse...(and) misconduct...

(E)xecutive director Shaunna Thomas specifically calls out the likes of Chris Brown, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nelly, Eminem, Don Henley of The Eagles, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Tekashi 6ix9ine, and Ted Nugent, citing them as artists “who continue to profit from your promotion.”

“Every time a famous individual continues to be glorified despite allegations of abuse, we wrongly perpetuate silence by showing survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence that there will be no consequences for abuse...That has a cultural effect far beyond one individual artist.”
I wonder if they consider You Give Love A Bad Name female hate speech. Maybe Always makes it a wash, LOL! But I'll be very surprised if Tekashi 69 gets the axe -- he's not the anti-mainstream hiphop subversive he appears to be. Not only is he a labelmate of Bon Jovi at Universal, the CEO of his so-called "independent" record label is the son of the CEO of Universal!!!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-23-2018 at 10:48 PM..