View Single Post

Old 10-28-2011, 10:52 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I don't think it's specific to that album. They almost disown the album they're touring for, at least since Euphoria forwards.
FUKK, what I wouldn't give to actually go back to the days of Euphoria and X for the fact that they were playing at least 4 songs from those albums. Euphoria got Demolition Man, Promises, Paper Sun, and Goodbye regularly with 21st Century Girl here and there later on. X had Now, You're So Beautiful, Four Letter Word, and Long Long Way to Go <gag>.

At the time, it bothered me because when Pyromania was brand new... well the short way to put it is they didn't play Die Hard, Action, Comin Under Fire, and Too Late, while the rest of the album was played every night. Then Hysteria comes along and Women, Animal, Sugar, Armageddon It, Gods of War, and Hysteria all become staples as well as stepping back to Pyromania to give Too Late and Die Hard their due. Then on to Adrenalize which saw Let's Get Rocked, Tear It Down, White Lightening, Have You Ever, and Make Love Like A Man.. while throwing in Two Steps Behind and again, stepping back to the previous album to make Rocket and Love Bites set staples.

They were covering the bases back then. That was the kind of approach I needed from my bands. At the time it was just a matter of playing the new album live. When they toured for Hysteria and it was still struggling to take off sales-wise, they didn't just play a set heavy on Pyromania while playing Animal, which is exactly what they would do today.