View Single Post

Old 10-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Price of posting

Send a message via MSN to Alex

Black - Pearl Jam

1994, final year of highschool. I never liked highschool since I've had some pretty rough years in there, but this last year was alright. Everyone of my year were in their exams and we all felt more or less connected; we were all in the same stress and everyone showed interest in how the other was doing.

I often hang out in the basement of the school. It was a dump; graffiti on the walls, old couches and chairs everywhere, but it was our dump and we could smoke in there and play the music really loud. At times we would just sit there being drunk or stoned, cause someone managed to sneak in some stuff. Both Nirvana's "Nevermind" and Pearl Jam's "Ten" were played very often and I remember I felt swept away by 'Black' every single time I heard it. And not just me, but almost everyone I hung out with. We all got more or less silent and just listened or singing along in a soft tone.

I've never felt more connected to people from my age than back then. It's my only really good memory of highschool and I bought the album when it turned out I passed my exams.

Oh, and twisted thoughts that spin round my head
I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning