View Single Post

Old 08-13-2008, 10:35 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkid View Post
I saw McCartney back in 05 also and it was good, but I had cheap upper level tickets and the crowd was dead. Nobody stood the whole entire show. I wouldn't have to see him again but I'm glad I did.
How does a dead crowd make a performer shit? And that crowd was probably dead because many of those songs McCartney performs are either songs the yanks don't know or are songs you don't stand up for. Blackbird, Till There Was You, I Will, Jenny Wren, Follow Me, For No One and more of those aren't exactly well known songs.

McCartney, apart from all the "I need another applause speeches" is an excellent performer and most current bands could only wish they'd be as good as McCartney live. And most acts could only wish they could do the Superbowl like he did. On the 2005 tour he performed 2,5 hours and 37 songs every single night. In the same key as they were recorded. Including all the screams and high notes. How does that make him a bad performer?

McCartney, The Stones and U2's Superbowl performances are the best there ever were. And Bruce will have to put up a very, very good performance if he wants to be added to that list.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 08-13-2008 at 10:42 AM..