View Single Post

Old 09-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsausage View Post
Hey there boys, girls, men, women and James.

So, as one of my mates points out, I'm pretty much an 80's throwback. I'd kill to bring the 80's back! I wasn't even born back then but whatever, that decade rocked.

I actually think it'd be cool to grow massive hair, put on incredibly tight skinny jeans, wear weird shits, wear make-up and walk out into the world looking like Motley Crue. I actually think it's a cool look, and if it wasn't for the fact that I'd get hard objects thrown at me and possibly quite a few remarks too, I'd do it! I just think it looks really cool

Anyway, so you can imagine that when I discovered Steel Panther, my interest in this weird 80's glam metal look was immediately brought back. I've never been to a gig that looks 80's, sure I've seen Jovi live a few times but they obviously don't look like 80's now.

And even though Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue said he really wants to come to the UK in 2010, I just ain't gonna get my hopes up

But luckily for me, the next best thing is touring this year - STEEL PANTHER. I don't usually like comedy/parody songs but these guys kickass. They just pretty much are a blunt Motley Crue!

I knew they were touring this year but I never checked it out because I've no job, the UK isn't exactly in it's best economic state at the moment and seeing Bruce, Alice Cooper and a-ha in one year I think is enough.

BUT THEN I GAVE IN AND CHECKED OUT THEIR TOUR DATES. THEIR IS ONLY ONE LEFT, IT'S NEXT MONTH AND IT'S ONLY £12.50!!!! So today I'm gonna call up a mate of mine who loves Crue, and who likes Steel Panther too, and see if he would like to join me.

But I have a few questions, my friends...

1. Steel Panther any good live? An obvious question, I know, but still...

2. The venue is Rock City, Nottingham. Anyone been there? What's it like? Sound any good? It's a parody band so I'd like to think I'd be able to hear their banter and awesome frickin' lyrics.

3. Do the people going dress up as in they're in the 80s? Cos if they do I'd do the same, but I have college the next day so...don't really wanna be going there with crazy hair or last night's make-up still on.

Ok, that's much less questions than I first thought I had. Maybe more will follow. Thanks in advance

Now if you don't mind, even though I haven't bought a ticket yet, I'm gonna make a "Oli's Steel Panther Review" thread.
1.Saw panther last week in Manchester,great show,really good fun,played almost all the album and a couple of covers.
2.Rock City great venue,not sure which room they will play but the sound in most of them is excellent.thought this gig was sold out though.
3.Damn right the crowd dress up,you would be surprised how many people are stuck in an 80s timewarp.
I paid 11 quid for my ticket,it was worth every penny,everyone knows its for fun but you cant deny its a great rock n roll show...

Enjoy