Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Steel Panther

Other Bands


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-14-2013, 03:01 PM
nickolai's Avatar
nickolai nickolai is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 29 Aug 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 2,190
Default Steel Panther

Ok,

It's very Spinal Tap but I've just discovered these and I love them. Good old glam rock. And to note the lead singer is 47 in this video. So 3 years JBJ's junior. Another example how our front man is holding back too much.

WARNING: if you're easily offended by crude lyrics and the sight of boobs then don't open this link:

http://youtu.be/UrxsNmitc_Y

Anyone seen this band live?
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 08-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Iceman's Avatar
Iceman Iceman is offline
Senior Member
The Distance
 
Join Date: 11 Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere between heaven & hell.
Age: 46
Gender: male
Posts: 8,204
Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
Ok,

It's very Spinal Tap but I've just discovered these and I love them. Good old glam rock. And to note the lead singer is 47 in this video. So 3 years JBJ's junior. Another example how our front man is holding back too much.

WARNING: if you're easily offended by crude lyrics and the sight of boobs then don't open this link:

http://youtu.be/UrxsNmitc_Y

Anyone seen this band live?

I love Steel Panther and they're just as good if not better live. Age is no excuse to suck.

Ice
__________________
D.Barry:"People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them."
M.Brooks: "If presidents can't do it to their wives, they do it to their country."

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-14-2013, 08:43 PM
eddie73's Avatar
eddie73 eddie73 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 22 Jul 2007
Location: Cannock UK
Age: 51
Gender: male
Posts: 1,362
Default

Cant believe you have only just discovered them. First album is immense, you can hear, jovi, whitesnake, poison etc in the songs. Pure piss take from the SP but so much fun.

Lyrics are crude but so damn good
__________________
when i was just a boy the devil took my hand.........


http://www.facebook.com/eddie.bland
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-14-2013, 09:33 PM
nickolai's Avatar
nickolai nickolai is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 29 Aug 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 2,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie73 View Post
Cant believe you have only just discovered them. First album is immense, you can hear, jovi, whitesnake, poison etc in the songs. Pure piss take from the SP but so much fun.

Lyrics are crude but so damn good
Yeah I know. It takes me ages to discover decent bands! Only got into Biffy Clyro 2 years ago. Party All Night is a total rip of Livin On A Prayer. You gotta love the piss take element though
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-15-2013, 01:44 AM
KeepTheFaith2211's Avatar
KeepTheFaith2211 KeepTheFaith2211 is offline
Senior Member
Blaze of Posting
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2007
Location: South Shields, UK
Age: 30
Gender: male
Posts: 8,912
Default

Great band and live they are even better.
__________________
Makes much more sense, to live…in the Present Tense…
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-16-2013, 05:33 AM
life_of_agony's Avatar
life_of_agony life_of_agony is offline
Senior Member
Born to be my Baby
 
Join Date: 26 Jun 2010
Location: Adelaide
Age: 44
Gender: male
Posts: 566
Default

Absolutely love them. Bottom line is that they do the 80's hair metal style better than 99% of the bands who started the genre. The songs are funny as hell, but are great tunes at the same time. I have seen them live 5 times - in Australia three times and twice in Vegas - quite possibly the best live band I have ever seen. They put on a great show.
__________________
Phil

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Captain Walrus's Avatar
Captain Walrus Captain Walrus is offline
Moderator
Tokyo Road
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: West Sussex, UK
Age: 37
Gender: male
Posts: 11,391
Default

I liked the first album, but by the second one the joke had worn pretty thin. There were a few good songs on it but not enough to save it from the endlessly recycled songs about anal sex and beating up your girlfriend

Also, I saw them live in 2010 and I didnt think it was that amazing. For comedy hard rock, I actually liked The Darkness better live!
__________________


Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Iceman's Avatar
Iceman Iceman is offline
Senior Member
The Distance
 
Join Date: 11 Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere between heaven & hell.
Age: 46
Gender: male
Posts: 8,204
Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Walrus View Post
the endlessly recycled songs about anal sex and beating up your girlfriend
What? Which song is about beating your girlfriend? And there are never enough songs about anal sex, even SP only has a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Walrus View Post
Also, I saw them live in 2010 and I didnt think it was that amazing. For comedy hard rock, I actually liked The Darkness better live!
Darkness wanted to be taken seriously, plus Justin couldn't sing to save his life. Michael Starr is the best live rock vocalist around.

Ice
__________________
D.Barry:"People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them."
M.Brooks: "If presidents can't do it to their wives, they do it to their country."

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Tictoc Tictoc is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 16 Jun 2007
Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.
Gender: male
Posts: 1,095
Default

The first studio album was funny for fifteen minutes then it got old fast. Also the lead singer lip syncs almost everything. It's quite clear when you pay attention to the live performances. Most of the guitar stuff isn't live either.

The biggest comedy moment of any show must be the moment fans pay money to see a jumped up Milli Vanilli.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-17-2013, 08:52 AM
nickolai's Avatar
nickolai nickolai is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 29 Aug 2006
Gender: male
Posts: 2,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictoc View Post
The first studio album was funny for fifteen minutes then it got old fast. Also the lead singer lip syncs almost everything. It's quite clear when you pay attention to the live performances. Most of the guitar stuff isn't live either.

The biggest comedy moment of any show must be the moment fans pay money to see a jumped up Milli Vanilli.
He's reeling out the rod. Don't take the bait, people.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
steel panther

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.