View Single Post

Old 10-11-2008, 11:54 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default The Bootleg Beatles

Aloha !

I have just returned from one of their shows, first time I went to see a cover band and they were absolutely brilliant. Everything about it was exactly like how the Beatles did it, including the goofy jokes from McCartney or the way Ringo drummed. And their version of My Guitar Gently Wheeps was very close to the original, yet they improvised a bit at the end which made it sound like you were actually witnessing the Beatles live. Some good jokes (though probably scripted) like "It's good to be back" or "one song before we'll split up" and a solid set.

Here's the set:

1. I Want To Hold Your Hand
2. All My Loving
3. She Loves You
4. I Feel Fine
5. Can't Buy My Love
6. Things We Said Today
7. A Hard Days Night
8. (You've Got To) Hide Your Love Away
9. Help!
10. Act Naturally
11. Norwegian Wood
12. If I Needed Someone
13. Paperback Writer
14. Taxman
15. Day Tripper
16. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
17. With A Little Help From My Friends
18. Strawberry Fields Forever
19. The Fool On The Hill
20. Your Mother Should Know
21. Yellow Submarine
22. Lady Madonna
23. Blackbird
24. Come Together
25. Get Back
26. Here Comes The Sun
27. The Ballad Of Yoko Ono
28. While My Guitar Gently Wheeps
29. Hey Jude

Encore:
30. Imagine
31. All You Need Is Love

From what I understood was that they change their set every show a bit, and All You Need Is Love was done live for the first time, according to them. Obviously I've got no idea if it's true. When looking at the set it's also obvious that they went thru the entire Beatles catalogue, started with the simple rock & roll songs, did a bit of the more experimental stuff and finished it off with a few anthems.

Has anyone else ever seen them live? If you get a chance to go see them you won't regret it. Tickets are cheap and it's as close to seeing the Beatles live as you'll ever get. Not even McCartney himself can get this close.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 10-12-2008 at 12:15 PM..