Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaSha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaSha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi
anyways my girlfriends got their last album and an older one with about 19 or 20 songs on it and they're both great. it's kinda wierd how similar they sound considering they're could be anything from 5 to 15 years between them and im talking from the songwriting right down to the production.
The one with 22 songs is Ego Opinion Art & Commerce. It's actually a compilation of songs from 1987-1998. Sort of a greatest hits but not really since most of those songs are from before the band became popular and had hits.
But yeah that's one of the things I like about them - they've never tried to change their style. None of their songs have an "old" or "new" sound.
I think they have changed their style Sarah.
The newer material is much more rock orientated and less punky.
Didn't they start out a punk band?
Yeah that's true. And of course their earliest albums were different since Robby did most of the singing back then. But I think that since the early 90s they've sort of blurred the line between rock and punk. Their radio hits are more mainstream but there are songs on Gutterflower and Dizzy which have basically the same sound as their older albums.
Yeah, I see what you are saying now.