Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

The official Aerosmith topic

Other Bands


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-22-2009, 06:18 PM
KeepTheFaith2211's Avatar
KeepTheFaith2211 KeepTheFaith2211 is offline
Senior Member
Blaze of Posting
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2007
Location: South Shields, UK
Age: 27
Gender: male
Posts: 8,884
Default The official Aerosmith topic

I have saw single threads about Aerosmith, pretty much dead but there wasn't an official one so I have created one.

Anyway, I have heard the band are writing for a new album. They were meant to be doing a show soon, too, but Joe Perry has had problems again with his knee so it had to be postponed.

Also, apparently when the album comes out they will be doing a tour of the US. Does anyone know if any European dates will be added?
__________________
This is The End...
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 01-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Supersonic's Avatar
Supersonic Supersonic is offline
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: Bangkok
Gender: male
Posts: 15,961
Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default

Aloha !

They've been working on that album since 2003 now and every time it looks like the band might hit the studio's to finish it they go out on tour and use it as an excuse for not being able to finish the album. Joe Perry has said that there will be more dates for the upcoming tour for the rest of the world but we've all heard that before too.



Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2009, 06:38 PM
KeepTheFaith2211's Avatar
KeepTheFaith2211 KeepTheFaith2211 is offline
Senior Member
Blaze of Posting
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2007
Location: South Shields, UK
Age: 27
Gender: male
Posts: 8,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

They've been working on that album since 2003 now and every time it looks like the band might hit the studio's to finish it they go out on tour and use it as an excuse for not being able to finish the album. Joe Perry has said that there will be more dates for the upcoming tour for the rest of the world but we've all heard that before too.



Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Thanks Seb.

Oh well, hopefully they will finish it because if Joe can't tour then the only thing they can do is write, maybe leading to it being finalised and released?
__________________
This is The End...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2009, 06:42 PM
RSROCKS's Avatar
RSROCKS RSROCKS is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Freak
 
Join Date: 18 Jan 2006
Gender: female
Posts: 3,655
Default

I hope they put a good record out because my interest in Aerosmith is hanging by a thread. It doesn't feel to great when you no longer have interest in a band you have spent a good deal of money to see on tour.

Meanwhile, I wish Joe a speedy recovery. I was aware of his past knee problems but not that he had to have surgery recently.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Supersonic's Avatar
Supersonic Supersonic is offline
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead
 
Join Date: 03 Aug 2002
Location: Bangkok
Gender: male
Posts: 15,961
Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 View Post
Oh well, hopefully they will finish it because if Joe can't tour then the only thing they can do is write, maybe leading to it being finalised and released?
No, it leads to the band members all doing their own thing, with most of those things having nothing to do with Aerosmith. Yes, he might write a few more riffs, but it doesn't become a song before the rest of the band joins them. There's no such thing as an Aerosmith song written solely by Joe Perry. The only way this band will ever get round to finishing the album is if a producer gets all 5 of them together in one room.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-22-2009, 06:46 PM
KeepTheFaith2211's Avatar
KeepTheFaith2211 KeepTheFaith2211 is offline
Senior Member
Blaze of Posting
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2007
Location: South Shields, UK
Age: 27
Gender: male
Posts: 8,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !



No, it leads to the band members all doing their own thing, with most of those things having nothing to do with Aerosmith. Yes, he might write a few more riffs, but it doesn't become a song before the rest of the band joins them. There's no such thing as an Aerosmith song written solely by Joe Perry. The only way this band will ever get round to finishing the album is if a producer gets all 5 of them together in one room.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I just naturally assumed that he meant the band were writing stuff.
__________________
This is The End...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:07 PM
JerseyboyUK's Avatar
JerseyboyUK JerseyboyUK is offline
Senior Member
Keep the Faith
 
Join Date: 11 Sep 2007
Location: Tamworth/Derby Uni
Age: 35
Gender: male
Posts: 867
Send a message via MSN to JerseyboyUK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSROCKS View Post
I hope they put a good record out because my interest in Aerosmith is hanging by a thread.
Same here, 'Honkin' On Bobo' was great but felt more like a 'project' than a real album. They also sucked bigtime when i saw them at Hyde Park, Joe Perry was particularily disappointing.

'Aerosmith', 'Get Your Wings', 'Toys In The Attic', 'Rocks', and 'Draw The Line' are mindblowing good rock and roll albums, then it all went to shit.
'Pump' and 'Permanent Vacation' have a couple of decent tracks on each, but in my opinion Aerosmith never really suited the shiny production that the 80's/90's albums exhibited. 'Nine Lives' and inparticularily 'Just Push Play' are complete turds, utterly devoid of any attitude or soul.

Them early albums are amazing, and 'Honkin' On Bobo' offered some genuine hope. I just pray that they pull thier finger out and give us a great stripped down rock and roll record, not the pop-shite they've released over the last 15-20 years.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 PM
KeepTheFaith2211's Avatar
KeepTheFaith2211 KeepTheFaith2211 is offline
Senior Member
Blaze of Posting
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2007
Location: South Shields, UK
Age: 27
Gender: male
Posts: 8,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyboyUK View Post
Same here, 'Honkin' On Bobo' was great but felt more like a 'project' than a real album. They also sucked bigtime when i saw them at Hyde Park, Joe Perry was particularily disappointing.

'Aerosmith', 'Get Your Wings', 'Toys In The Attic', 'Rocks', and 'Draw The Line' are mindblowing good rock and roll albums, then it all went to shit.
'Pump' and 'Permanent Vacation' have a couple of decent tracks on each, but in my opinion Aerosmith never really suited the shiny production that the 80's/90's albums exhibited. 'Nine Lives' and inparticularily 'Just Push Play' are complete turds, utterly devoid of any attitude or soul.

Them early albums are amazing, and 'Honkin' On Bobo' offered some genuine hope. I just pray that they pull thier finger out and give us a great stripped down rock and roll record, not the pop-shite they've released over the last 15-20 years.
I must admit there are a few songs that I actually like from Just Push Play and Nine Lives. Namely Just Push Play and Pink.
__________________
This is The End...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Ferret's Avatar
Ferret Ferret is offline
Senior Member
Something for the Posts
 
Join Date: 26 Dec 2006
Location: Sugar Mountain
Gender: male
Posts: 2,944
Default

I don't mind them, decent band. Prefer their earlier more Stones-y stuff, myself. The big Don't Wanna Miss A Thing Style ballads don't really do it for me, to be honest, but the rock 'n' roll stuff's good.

Mama Kin's such a ****ing tune.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-22-2009, 07:34 PM
KeepTheFaith2211's Avatar
KeepTheFaith2211 KeepTheFaith2211 is offline
Senior Member
Blaze of Posting
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2007
Location: South Shields, UK
Age: 27
Gender: male
Posts: 8,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
I don't mind them, decent band. Prefer their earlier more Stones-y stuff, myself. The big Don't Wanna Miss A Thing Style ballads don't really do it for me, to be honest, but the rock 'n' roll stuff's good.

Mama Kin's such a ****ing tune.
Oh yeah I agree, Don't Wanna Miss A Thing has been played to death and I never really liked it in the first place.
__________________
This is The End...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aerosmith

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.