View Single Post

Old 08-05-2019, 11:26 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi View Post
Great way to prevent someone from going 😂 Anyway, I really liked and enjoyed the show in Sofia during the Get Up Tour so I’d love to see Bryan Adams again. Possibly it’s all scripted as you mention but at least he can sing (shots fired Jon ) and performs about 3 hours if I’m not mistaken and the ticket is cheap so nothing better to do on a Monday night in November, right?. In Sofia he played 32 songs and closed the encore with Straight from the Heart and All For One.
Your arguments were all reasons why I went for a second time as well. But those songs have been part of the encore for about 20 years. Pretty much if Bon Jovi always would've started doing an encore of Runaway and Bed Of Roses on the Crush Tour and then never removing them or changing the arrangements. It gets old rather quick. There's really no reason to stay anymore after the main set as the chance of getting something you've either not heard before or something decent are slim. And although the shows feel long, most run for 2,5 hours including many breaks (Encore this, encore that, switch to b-stage, doing lengthy boring speeches etc.).

As for it being scripted; He did a show in the U.K. years ago going "I usually don't say this but tonight I'll make an exception. This is the best crowd of the tour hands down" and then went on to repeat it for the rest of the U.K. leg. I know artists have their schtick but there's telling a story every time or just saying things for a reaction. Everything he says in between the songs is scripted and done to get an applause out of the crowd. Cheer for the drummer. Cheer for the piano player. Cheer for the house lights. Cheer for the women from [insert country], cheer for the French fries ordered earlier. Cheer for this. Cheer for that. A lot of his schtick is great a first time but once you notice this it's hard not to miss it and it gets a bit much.

I always feel that in between the pointless banter, endless ballads, guitar adjusting and the "I will invite a girl onstage, preferably a blonde" there's a truly great Bryan Adams show in there somewhere. It's why recordings from the shows from before 1992 are just a lot more enjoyable for me.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 08-05-2019 at 11:39 PM..