View Single Post

Old 05-14-2022, 12:10 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

I've just come back from London to see Bryan Adams play Cuts Like A Knife, Into the Fire and Waking Up The Neighbours in full followed by about 14 other songs, I think. This is the equivalent of Bon Jovi playing Fahrenheit, New Jersey and Keep The Faith in full. These shows were pretty good even though I've no desire to ever go see him live again. The first half is why I became a fan and the second half, which is what he regularly does nowadays, is why I'm no longer interested. It felt like watching 2 different acts.

However, would Bryan Adams have supported Bon Jovi several years ago and played about 10 of his biggest hits there's just no way Jon wouldn't have gotten some shit from both casuals and die hard Bon Jovi fans. Both he and his band give Bon Jovi a run for their money nowadays. I've just looked up what his biggest hits in the U.S.A. were and made a selection:

1. Straight From the Heart
2. Run To You
3. Heaven
4. One Night Love Affair
5. Heat Of The Night
6. (Everything I Do) I Do It for You
7. Do I Have To Say The Words?
8. Can't Stop This Thing We Started
9. All For Love
10. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?

These were all top 10 hits and include 4 number 1 singles.

If that would get followed up by Bon Jovi played 6 of their hits and then 14 of the songs no one cares for there's just no way people wouldn't have preferred the support act over the headliner. Jon Bon Jovi's lucky that tour got canceled.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 05-15-2022 at 01:40 PM..