View Single Post

Old 02-02-2009, 03:25 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Bryan Adams is long gone glory. His live shows have been dull and predictable for a good 10 years now and he hasn't made a decent rock album since Into The Fire (1987?). For every 2 rock songs there's one of those pussy ballads and he's lost all his balls. If you see him live you'll think he's really down to earth and is putting up a special show just that night. See him again on the next tour and he's doing exactly the same. Telling exactly the same stories, making the same jokes, it's all an act, and he's become a phoney to me. When he lets loose on songs like Kids Wanna Rock and Run To You he still shows that he's still capable of rocking a crowd, but then again, those moments are getting more and more rare with every new tour.

Quote:
while "18 til I die" is my favourite... his most mature album I would say
Mature? I quote a few of his mature lyrics on that album:

1. Let's make a night to remember, from january to december.
2. I wanna be your lipstick when you lick it
3. We're gonna win don't wanna be a loser gonna win

Those are just 3 of the many examples why that album is so immature as hell. While he lost his balls on Waking Up (all the drums on it are coming from a drum computer!) he lost all the rest of his manhood on 18. Many Bryan Adams fans see this as one of his best, but there's only a few good songs on it, most of it is just easy listening, music they'd play in elevators and the likes. While he is capable of turning the few "rockers" on that album into good live songs most of it is very dull and sounds uninspired.

Also, let's not forget that he is responsable for giving rock ballads a bad name. Everything I Do, All For One, Have You Ever Loved A Woman, Let's Make A Night To Remember, Flying, I Think About You, all terrible. Heaven is his only proper rock ballad.

Cuts Like A Knife, Reckless, Into The Fire, Live! Live! Live! and MTV Unplugged are the only good Bryan Adams albums. All the others are either mediocre or terrible attempts at creating new songs. Every time he releases a new album it sounds like he's lost even more of his motivation or creativity. It sounds like he's lost his drive and is only recording new albums in order to be capable to give people a reason to go see him again. Followed by a show many fans have seen a thousand times now. I've stopped seeing him, have seen him 2 times now and it was more then enough. As soon as he starts dropping half of the ballads in his set I might spend some money on him again, but for now he's the one rock artist I can't be bothered with anymore. He makes rock songs for the women, and a man saying that one of his favourite Bryan Adams songs is "Let's Make A Night To Remember" ain't a real man to me!

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan