View Single Post

Old 02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Tokyo Road

I like Bryan Adams, he may not be my favourite artist ever, as I generally prefer stuff with a bit more depth, and he is very hit and miss (as many have said, his peak was waaaaaay back); but he's still got some great songs, and is (sometimes) very good at what he does. And his live show does rock, a lot more than his albums do and a lot more than I expected it to.

I own 5 of his albums (although I only paid for two of them, shhhhh. Actually, technically I paid for Reckless too, as I bought it as a present for someone then borrowed and copied it ), and the order I'd rank them in is:

1. Reckless (a really good album from start to finish. Pop rock perfection really)
2. Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron soundtrack (being a soundtrack it does tend to have too many reprises of songs, but in general it's a really atmospheric piece of work)
3. 18 Til' I Die (Very hit and miss, about half of it is decent, and half is filler.)
4. 11 (Completely by the numbers, but most of it is pretty good)
5. Room Service (About half pretty good, a quarter filler, and a quarter just rubbish)

And I'd say my top 10 songs, in no order, would be:

Summer Of '69
One Night Love Affair
Somebody
Everything I Do
Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman
It's Only Love
Ain't Gonna Cry
Sound The Bugle
18 Til I Die
Brothers Under The Sun

Something like that