View Single Post

Old 08-24-2021, 07:24 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

It was bound to be expected, really. The tour wasn't cancelled and it took a really long time for new dates to be announced. Then Charlie Watts would drop out of the tour because of a recovery.

It's odd though. Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards have plenty of health scares but continue to live on and on. Charlie Watts lives a peaceful, clean living and goes before them. If you'd have asked who'd have gone first I doubt many would've put him on top of the list.

There's plenty of big musicians who've died but now that a Rolling Stone has passed I think it's the start of the end of an era.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I thought the exact same thing about Charlie being the least likely of the current line-up to go first.

Obviously such a thing was/is imminent for them (and any band that’s been around forever) but it’s weird now that it’s starting to happen. It’s too soon right now to ponder on what will happen going forward but in all honesty, I think it would take losing either Mick or Keith to end the Stones run. I don’t mean that in an insensitive way at all of course. That’s just my prediction.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.