View Single Post

Old 04-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

I got into the Stones about 6/7 years ago through my father, whos been a fan since the beginning. I borrowed the Jump Back 1971 - 1993 greatest hits album off him, as the was the only Stones he had on CD. Then he bought the 40 Licks album in 2002 and the gradually me and him have bought the majority of their studio albums.

It took me a while but I grew to love them. Their 60's stuff is quality, goes without saying, so I won't even bother mentioning any particular tracks. Peronally I like there more recent material such as Voodoo Lounge (probably my fave Stones album) and Bridges To Babylon. My personal favourite tracks are Out Of Tears, Thru And Thru, Beast Of Burden , Wild Horses and Angie. The live version of Angie from the Stripped album you should check out.

I don't listen to them regularly, but like certain artists I listen to them relentlessly for about a month, then won't listen to them for months.

I've not seen them live as I can never get tickets. Tried in 2002 and 2006, but just could never get through. They sell out within and hour or two. But I have the Voodoo Lounge live VHS and Bridges To Babylon DVD which are both awesome.

I think they certainly live up to being called "the worlds greatest rock'n'roll band". Great music, great live act, and just so inspirational to the genre. I always preferred them to the Beatles. (who I also like btw), and lest face it, if it weren't for them, we wouldn't have half the bands since.

(Sorry if I got a bit corny toward the end )

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 04-04-2008 at 01:00 AM..