View Single Post

Old 09-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Something for the Posts

As I haven't posted in this thread before, I might as well post my feelings on The Stones now.

Well, they're probably the second greatest band ever (after The Beatles, obviously). They've made so much amazing music and they're one of the greatest live acts of all time. Sticky Fingers, Exile On Main Street, Beggar's Banquet, Goat's Head Soup, Let It Bleed....amazing albums. They haven't made a really enjoyable album since Tattoo You, but they remain one of the greats because, well, they're The Rolling Stones.

Keith Richards is rock 'n' roll. I know most people on here would say it's probably some wanker out of Motley Crue, but it's obviously Keef. How the fuck is that man alive? His riffs are the most "rock" thing ever. He's just mindbogglingly cool. It's also incredible how he's so famous considering he's the rhythm guitarist!

Their lead guitarists are always top as well. Brian Jones, Mick Taylor, Ronnie Wood...Brilliant. Fuck this age-ism rubbish as well, a musician can go on forever, and classic ones like The Stones will. Amazing band.