View Single Post

Old 09-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus
Its a symbol, isn't it, a morale booster. People respond well to big overthe top stuff .... to give a slightly morbid example, thousands of people die all over the world every day, but it takes someone flying planes into towers or a hurricane wiping out vast areas to make people spit out their coffee. In this case, the people need a symbol of hope, and I can't see thousands of homes and schools being built giving them that symbol ... course, they're important too, which is why they are being rebuilt at the same time

Yeah, I'm sure it's really symbolic. I mean, hell, if I didn't have a roof over my head and my kids didn't have a school to go to, I'm sure I'd take a lot of joy in knowing that at least the local football team could play "at home" now.

It's MORONIC and another example of the foolishness of the people running that city. Do you really think that people without homes care about a sport? See Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

All rebuilding that stadium accomplishes is making some people on the outside think that things are really getting back to normal. For the people still without homes, no place to work, and no schools for their kids, it's got to be like someone spitting right in their faces.