View Single Post

Old 11-14-2004, 01:45 AM
This Post Feels Right

Default U2 and Snow Patrol???

LOS ANGELES/NEW YORK (Billboard) - Look for U2 to start its world tour on March 1 in Florida in support of its new album, the band's manager Paul McGuinness told Billboard.

"We'll play approximately 35 shows in the arenas in the spring in the U.S.," McGuinness said.

U2 will then play 30 stadium shows across Europe, return to North America for another 35-date arena swing and finish up in Japan and Australia.

U2's album, "How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," will be released Nov. 23 in the United States, and a day earlier internationally.

Rumors have circulated that potential openers include Snow Patrol and the Scissor Sisters. McGuinness said no decision has been made, but added "We love Snow Patrol. Their producer, Jacknife Lee, also worked on U2's album and they're Irish. There's a close connection."

U2's 2001 tour grossed $104 million from 106 shows worldwide, according to Billboard Boxscore.

Continuing the move toward a more rock-driven approach emphasized on 2000's "All That You Can't Leave Behind," the new set is front-loaded with a host of satisfyingly straightforward tracks that should thrill U2 fans. Highlights include the chiming, strident "City of Blinding Lights," the powerful Edge showcase "All Because of You" and the emotive, atmospheric "Miracle Drug," where Bono scales the heights of his vocal register.

First single "Vertigo" has been the top track at U.S. modern rock radio for three weeks.

Reuters/Billboard

Snow Patrol opening for U2??? I find that a bit disappointing - though I like SP live; had hoped for somebody a bit, ahem, more experienced :P
I miss the fire that was once in your eyes
Well come on and say something now