View Single Post

Old 06-14-2005, 12:31 AM
J E R S E Y ● syndicate™
Destination any Forum

Send a message via ICQ to *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* Send a message via MSN to *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº*

It was a cool appearance I thought. Bono was political (of course) but also funny but not over the top. May he act a little odd now and then but I can't help to find him a good guy and appreciate what he's achieved. For example, he appears very "conscious" in that he mentioned mainly German people that he is working with since he was in Germany. I don't know if you get what I mean, but I sensed that as very important.

The host asked the others what they think about his activities and if they all agree. And I think The Edge hit the nail on the head with stating "Well, we don't agree on all the details but we for sure agree on the basic principles. You know, it isn't too hard to understand that Africa deserves a better deal for instance, now is it?"

Also, they were asked what they do in their individual meantime between albums, during their time off and Bono was like "What's that? Time off?". And the host went "well, it's the time when you're hanging around, shaking balls...". And Bono: "Ah, I see." and after a little while adressing to the host "...but you need balls to shake them."
Well, typing it out doesn't improve the joke, but it was cool during the show.

After the talk they performed Vertigo as a second song which is highly unusual for the show. To my knowledge only Bon Jovi got similar show time with their double appearance on two consecutive days in 2003.
Man, I can't wait until August 3.
Have fun tomorrow, VanJovi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefan
those weird songs he sometims publishes? lol
Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't like his songs or the genres he's interested in at all, but I can't deny that he is a very talented and experienced musician on a variety of instruments and producer.