View Single Post

Old 05-14-2017, 12:10 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Just saw the opening night of the tour in Vancouver last night. It was amazing to see not only Joshua Tree songs that were played for the first time live (red hill mining town) but also see songs debuted that haven't been touched in two decades like A sort of Homecoming. And opening with Sunday Bloody Sunday was amazing.
I'm glad you had a blast, it's a shame I won't be able to attend this time.

The setlist seems amazing on paper. A complete shake-up from the previous tours. But after looking through some performances on YouTube I was disappointed by Bono's performance.

Firstly, that Red Hill Mining Town performance was just a mess. He just can't sing the chorus at all, perhaps that's the reason why it was never played even in 1987. Secondly, I was hoping that he would sing With or Without You like on the record, at least for this anniversary show (with those "oh-ohs"), but he sang it the same way he has for the past few tours. And lastly, during Miss Sarajevo they had Pavarotti's parts on playback as supposed to Bono's singing, which was still able to do as recently as 2011. I'm sure it was amazing live in person, but from YouTube it doesn't seem like it was their best night.