View Single Post

Old 05-18-2017, 12:49 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
Firstly, that Red Hill Mining Town performance was just a mess. He just can't sing the chorus at all, perhaps that's the reason why it was never played even in 1987. Secondly, I was hoping that he would sing With or Without You like on the record, at least for this anniversary show (with those "oh-ohs"), but he sang it the same way he has for the past few tours. And lastly, during Miss Sarajevo they had Pavarotti's parts on playback as supposed to Bono's singing, which was still able to do as recently as 2011. I'm sure it was amazing live in person, but from YouTube it doesn't seem like it was their best night.

Struggling to see how this was a complete mess? The new bass line on that song is amazing. The chorus Bono clearly struggles with, but still - it's actually not nearly as bad as you are portraying it.

Also the Pavarotti playback was more of an effect thing, I think? Bono didn't go for the same notes when he played it in 2011. I've seen that song twice now - once in Edmonton 2011 and now on this tour. It was just a different feel and fitted the song and the effect of the video they were playing.

Also, you're upset about the chorus of Red Hill, but want Bono to attempt to sing that part of with or without you?

Last edited by Panda; 05-18-2017 at 01:05 AM..