View Single Post

Old 03-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyboyUK View Post

Then 'Libertad' came along and showed VR for what they really are.
'Libertad' sounded like a bunch of old men embaressingly stumbling through tired classic rock-esque songs.

I think Libertad sounds the way it does because Scott Creiland wanted them to use Producer Brendan O'Brien. Who was the producer for most/all STP albums. I thought that the songs on Libertad sounded like an STP album with Slash making poor attempts at guitar solo's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyboyUK View Post
Each song runs out of ideas after a couple of minutes, leaving Slash to fill the void with the worst solos he's put on record. No passion, shit songs, shit production.
That I agree with that 100%. I chalk it up to the influence of Creiland and his producer. I really had high hopes for the followup to Contraband. At this point the only reason why I would want VR to continue would be for Slash and Duff to have some sort of commercial success.

Let's face it. While great, the last Snakepit album wasn't racing up the charts. I also highly doubt that Gn'R will have a reunion anytime soon. I personally hope that Creiland sticks with STP and VR gets Izzy back in the fold to sing. Too bad he hates to tour.