View Single Post

Old 06-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Default Vince Neil Arrested :(

So my man-crush got arrested on DUI charges. No, no, it ain't Richie Sambora again. 'Tis Vince Neil

Everything seemed to be going right for Motley Crue singer Vince Neil. He has a new comeback record, "Tattoos & Tequila," and was starting to make the press rounds last week when he decided to kick back in Las Vegas for some classic rock 'n' roll partying.

That's when things went wrong. According to MTV, Neil was pulled over by police early Monday morning for driving drunk after leaving Tres Rios, a Vegas restaurant that he owns.

While a DUI arrest is always a horrible blemish on one's record, this situation is even worse because Neil was the driver of a car that crashed in 1984, resulting in the death of fellow musician Nicolas "Razzle" Dingley. As of this morning, Neil was still being held at Clark County Jail with minimum bail set at $2,000 pending a court appearance.

The Tres Rios restaurant that Neil owns was created as a de facto clubhouse for a tequila brand that he launched in 2007. At the time, he spoke to the press about the importance of always driving sober, using his own past as a lesson to avoid taking a drink and getting behind the wheel of a car.

"I don't endorse drinking and driving," he said at tequila's launch party. "I endorse driving responsibly. I made a tragic mistake that cost one of my dear friends his life."

Oh Vince m'dear