View Single Post

Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Blaze of Posting

Vivian Campbell is an unbelievable guitar player. Have seen him jam with so many artists, from Thin Lizzy to Steel Panther, and he never let anyone down.

I am very sad about this news, given his mentor - Ronnie James Dio - died of cancer. But he's a strong bloke and he'll be back! Wishing him all the best.

As about Richie - come on people. Richie played guitar with a f*ckin' broken arm for an entire tour. Vivian Campbell never had to play the garbage that is What About Now. And back in the day, when Vivian had a major musical disagreement with Dio, he simply walked out, just like that. So stop making any silly comparisons here. No one knows why Richie isn't there - and to be honest - I admire anyone who has the guts to say no to a big pile of cash for the sake of his or her own sanity. Which I believe is what Richie is doing. And all this 'Letting fans down' bullshit is going on my nerves really. All the junk that Jon has written and has fed us - that is what has been letting the fans down. Richie here, Richie there makes no difference.

Again - if this was the These Days tour and Richie would disappear with no reason - I'd be mad beyond belief. But Richie leaving now is the best thing that has happened to the band in ages.

But I digress. This is about Vivian Campbell! All the best man and see you back on the road soon!

Last edited by DevilsSon; 06-11-2013 at 11:32 PM..