View Single Post

Old 06-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
You are aware that the two of them had nothing good to say about each other ever since he left Dio?

Holy Diver was written before Vivian had even auditioned for the band.

And he was credited for Rainbow In The Dark. As far as I know, he actually ripped off a couple of riffs from his older bands (not all of which he wrote himself) for the Dio stuff, though.
Yes I am very much aware of that (I even pointed it out later in the post). Not sure why people pick on this. They wished each other 'death' and stuff like that. Doesn't make a difference in the fact that Dio was to Vivian what Ozzy was to Randy Rhoades. And yes - he is credited for Rainbow in the Dark, together with the rest of Dio.

Also, after Dio died - Vivian said numerous times that Ronnie James was the greatest singer in the genre and that it's always difficult to work with the greatest - as it was also difficult to work with him.

Anyhow - I feel like I am hi-jacking this topic. Don't mean to. Vivian Campbell is an absolutely phenomenal guitar player. Complteley underused in Def Leppard - by far the best guitarist in that band.

Here's him jamming with Jovi and Cheap Trick. Legend!

Edit: You know what - Vivian would have been THE MAN to replace Richie. Wondering if Jon considered the option back when Richie first left...