View Single Post

Old 09-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
I don't really like Queen. I never got that whole pompous, overblown style of their music. I can understand why people would like it as they are very good musicians and their music has lots of commercial value, but it just doesn't do it for me. Sheer Heart Attack is alright but A Night At The Opera is bollocks on toast, with one or two good songs, the rest all music hall or opera. Not feeling it.
They're kind of like watered down prog imo.

I think that's what I don't like about them. I pretty much can't stand prog in most cases except Pink Floyd.

Floyd is also pretty much watered down prog but they at least had a message behind their tunes whereas Queen tended to be either OTT whimsical (minus the dragons and wizards of full on prog) or too airy fairy in their tunes.

That wasn't worded very well but I think what I'm trying to say is that there are no Queen tunes (minus under pressure and radio gaga) that really make a statement imo whereas floyd might also be watered down prog but they've always had something to say, a real M.O. about what they were writing.