View Single Post

Old 10-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Just posting

Default Weezer/Foo Fighters Review

Went to the show Saturday night in Worcester.

Hot Hot Heat opened the show. Never heard of them before. To me, they sounded like a crappy rip off of The Killers, who I'm not overly fond of, so I won't bother discussing them.

Weezer was up next. This is what I was going for. I'm a big fan of them. Of the 4 times I've seen them, this show impressed me the least. Most of the hits were there, but that was somewhat the problem. I like a lot of Weezer's non-hits, which there wasn't really time for. Anyways, we got El Scorcho which I haven't heard them play before. All in all, decent, if a bit uninspired.

OK, I have never been a Foo Fighters fan. Don't dislike them, but was simply indifferent about them. Liked songs like Hero and Learning to Fly. A friend of mine let me borrow the new disc a couple weeks back, and I was very impressed with it. They opened up the show with In Your Honor - AWESOME! I was blown away by these guys. I can see why they played second. The energy Dave Grohl has is amazing. They sounded awesome. Loud, agressive, angry, all the while having a blast on stage. They converted me BIGTIME! Been a while since I've been to a show that blew me away as much as these guys did.