View Single Post

Old 07-03-2018, 02:24 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Why has no other female responded to this thread? I know you some of you gals like rock too!
I guess I hadn't seen the thread.

My first and foremost love was Led Zeppelin - still is when I start playing some of the older stuff. I have a ton of bootlegs which sound great and I can pretend that it is 1973 for a long time. They were not simple 4/4 rock though which is what I liked about them - they made some great music.

Pink Floyd was always a favorite - they were much more progressive rock but I loved them from Dark Side of the Moon on.

So there are my top 2 - both British rock bands.

Then there was Rush - another mostly progressive band. They still are one of my favorites (though Canadian).

And then way back - and to this day - there is Bruce. No other description is necessary. He is still defying description - he has done hard rock, soft country, solo stuff, American folk, and now he is doing Broadway (And Jon was spotted at a recent show). Of all of them - Bruce never disappoints - ever.

And for longtime classic New Jersey sound - nobody sings and plays rock like Southside Johnny. Ho does rock and blues like nobody else. He is a national treasure and I wish more people appreciated him. Fortunately for me we get at least 3 or 4 shows per year - and always one on New years Eve. We're Havin' a Party

Then there are the bands that my kids have introduced me to:

Dave Matthews Band can rock with the best. My son became a huge fan and once I went to a show I was hooked. Dave and Tim Reynolds can play some of the best guitar you will ever hear.

Guster - who call themselves alternative rock (still not quite sure what that means). I saw so many shows because my daughter was a huge fan that I became a fan also and I miss them if I go too long without a live show.

And Barenaked Ladies deserve an honorable mention. Another band my daughter introduced me to. I fell in love with Steven Page's voice and that was that. Unfortunately he is no longer with the band - and while they do some awesome stuff - it's just not the same without him.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.

Last edited by Kathleen; 07-05-2018 at 07:58 PM..