Thread: Whitesnake
View Single Post

Old 08-13-2004, 06:54 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

6 or 7 shows? Damn. Well, be sure to share the details. There are no dates in the US.

I wonder if the set list is going to be changed up. David really needs to start tackling the entire catalog instead of just 3 albums in the 80s. Seems at most when doing Europe they play Walking in the Shadow of the Blues and Ain't No Love In the Heart of the City as a nod to the classic Whitesnake. But that's the extent. They also need to kill the solo spots and play more songs.

He also needs to stop doing this:

"A black cat moans when he's burning with the fever" (points mic at audience to sing next line "A stray dog howls...etc") He does this during Still of the Night, too. David...audience participation is one thing during choruses...but during verses, particularly those where only your voice is heard....it's only your voice we want to hear...not ours filling in for it. As far as I understand, the long awaited live album is coming out this year and that is the reason for the tour over there. I just hope on the live album he either fixed...or for the particular performance..sang all of his lines and I'm certain most people would agree. I doubt many are going to enjoy listening to Still of the Night with David going "In the still of the night...(audience completes verse). The man has a voice.....and we want to hear it.

Those are really the only complaints I have...his over doing the audience participation, the overly long and time consuming solos, and narrow representation of the catalog in the set list. Otherwise he and the rest of the band really do deliver and are definately worth seeing multiple times.