View Single Post

Old 11-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
I'm still wondering what interest you have in a Bon Jovi message board if you don't like that genre of music.
I enjoy Bon Jovi's music, so surely I should be allowed on their message board. I just think hair metal was a shit genre/style, and unless you count Guns N' Roses, Bon Jovi were the only decent band to emerge from it.

Quote:
With the exception of Oasis (who are not big at all in the US), none of those bands you mentioned are existant in the US.
I know Oasis aren't particularly big in the US (not that they really care) but they can still sell out Madison Square Garden and get their album to number 5 in the charts there. And I dunno about America, but the other bands I listed are big in the UK and in other countries, so surely they're big bands? If Blur reunited I'm sure they'd be playing some generously sized arenas Stateside anyway.

Quote:
Which genre of music spawned more successfull artists, Brit-pop or "hair metal"?
In the UK and Europe Britpop. In the US hair metal.

Quote:
I like Oasis, but they're only the biggest band in the world in their own minds.
No they're not. In the 1990s they were coked up, confident with their classic albums and overjoyed to have achieved success, and they did indeed say they were the best band in the world. Never the biggest, though, even though they probably were the biggest band in the world in 96/97. You'd never hear them say that now. Because they've grown up, unlike Motley Crue.

And you were wrong about the "half the artists you listen to are influenced by Motley Crue"