View Single Post

Old 11-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

The thing I love about glam metal, particulary Motley Crue, is the whole sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll thing - in other words, Crue's image.

Well actually with Motley Crue I was attracted to them due to their songs before their image but what they hey, these days I love their image that accompanies their songs. That whole lifestyle just attracts me at the moment, which is why I love Motley Crue.

With glam metal I can only think of two bands that two lyric writing seriously, Bon Jovi and Europe. I don't count GnR as glam metal.

But when it comes to lyric writing Def Leppard smack Motley Crue in every possible way. Now as I stated earlier, I love Motley Crue because they sing about drugs, drinking, shagging, etc etc but it seems to be all they constantly sing about - bareing in mind I'm only a new fan and haven't heard everything by them.

On Def Leppard's latest album 'Songs From The Sparkle Lounge' there is a song called Cruise Control which is about terroists. On Motley Crue's latest album 'Saints Of Los Angeles' they are still singing about girls and how they have fleas and cooties.

Also Nikki Sixx is running out of creative juice, Saints Of LA only had 5 or 6 songs that I truly love, where as Def Leppards latest album I love most of it. Not only that but Nikki Sixx is stealing songs.

On Saints Of LA there is a song called Welcome To The Machine which is basically a song ranting about how the music industry is so cruel and nasty. Hmm who else has written a song about that with the same title? Only that little band Pink Floyd.

And I'll say it again, I love how Crue sing about drinking, drugging, shagging etc etc but it'd be nice if they took a break from that every now and then. I'm thinking hard and the only song that wasn't showcasing their badass ways is the song about a 14 year old prostistute 'Too Young To Fall In Love'.

Yet Def Leppard can still be feel-good, get your hands up in the air rock band without having to pretend they're teenagers.

Jack - you should listen to the Def Leppard albums High N Dry and Pyromania, two of my all time albums. They're not polished up glam metal albums, hell, they're not even glam metal albums, I'd say they were closer to Guns N' Roses than Bon Jovi back in their early days. You should check them two albums out, they're real good.