View Single Post

Old 11-30-2008, 09:54 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
By no means was I saying Ferrett shouldn't post here. What right do I have to say that? It's not my board. It just seemed as though Bon Jovi wasn't their cup of tea. I don't praise everything Bon Jovi does, but if I disliked them, I sure as hell wouldn't bother wasting my time talking about them.

I quote Noel:

"We are the biggest band in Britain of all time, ever. The funny thing is, that ****ing mouthing off three years ago about how we were gonna be the biggest band in the world, we actually went and done it."

I don't know about the rest of the world, but this quote is referencing their status as of 1996-1997, unquestionably their high point in America. That was the first time I saw them, in a half filled 15,000 seat arena. They were never "the biggest band in America".
And Noel and Liam have always admitted that they've never cracked America. However, they were the biggest band in the world at that time. It wasn't a matter of how many people went to see them live, but Oasis were everywhere at that time. On the radio, always gettign some press coverage and were always touring. They were the pioneers of that era and defined the era on their own. You just can't say that about Motley Crue or Def Leppard.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan