View Single Post

Old 12-03-2008, 04:59 AM
Born to be my Baby

Vince had a tendency to ruin MC's live shows for me but he's made a surprising turnaround and was far better this summer than in a long time. They kick ass live, very fun. I'd say, right up there with 1-Iron Maiden 2-Bon Jovi 3-Velvet Revolver as far as my favorite shows.

Def Leppard is a pop band by many different standards. While they are probably better musicians (technique-wise), Nikki and Mick are better writers by FAAAAR - riffs, songs... all around really. And Tommy is one of the best drummers around, no comparison there, even before Rick had his accident.

You get what I'm trying to say here? It's kind of like, Richie is not as good as Satriani but I think he writes better songs.

Def Leppard needs to lay off ballads and prove that they are still a rock band. Motley Crue proved over the recent years that they were one of the more influental hair bands - more than Poison, Bon Jovi or any other for that matter.

These are two very different bands.

My Bon Jovi Album Ranking: These Days, SWW, KTF, Jersey, Crush, 7800F, Bridges, HAND, Bon Jovi, Bounce, WAN, Circle, THINFS, LH, 2020;