Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official September 22 2015, Jamsil Olympic Stadium, Seoul, South Korea thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69263)

liljovi93 09-22-2015 08:17 PM

That is the worst vocal performance I have ever heard from Jon. How he can carry on after that, I don't know.

His range is completely gone, his voice is shot to pieces. He needs help immediately and if that doesn't help, then he needs to well and truly pack it in. That is my all time favorite song getting absolutely butchered. I'd actually take that 'This Left Feels Right' version over that.

Only thing that saved that performance was Phil X on guitar. Jon tried to go for a high part, failed and then acted like he stopped so he could hear the crowd sing it.

He knew how bad he sounded then and it's about time he did. He didn't even go for the final chorus after the solo.

I give him credit for doing things on the spot like that, it must be great when you request a song like those fans and he plays it but I'd sooner not have him perform it if it's that bad.

What a nice couple of changes to the set list too. Longer show, a couple of songs added to it that I really like and a few other adjustments. The band actually look like they are starting to click after the first few shows too. Jon just needs to get help as soon as possible because I don't think I could enjoy a show if he sounds like that.

JerseyGiant 09-22-2015 09:23 PM

I'm not gonna comment on Jons vocals during "Always" but Phils guitar solo was really enjoyable he really seems to be letting loose and looks more confortable, I've been lucky to witness "Always" 4 times, 3 electric and 1 acoustic. I really feel it has to stay around because on a personal note its my favourite song, not just Jovi, but fav song ever! I shouldn't be greedy tho �� I guess I don't really mind the whole "singing along" "Karaoke" vibe to some of there classics, I dunno I guess standing with thousands of other adoring Jovi fans just feels special! If Jon cant do it anymore then why not

hackster73 09-22-2015 09:23 PM

He needs to seek out some vocal help pretty quickly. What was once an amazing live act is turning into a joke.

Rdkopper 09-22-2015 09:46 PM

Jon needs to seek out a professional who knows how he can play on his strengths and figure out his weaknesses. There are certain songs that are tolerable and then he could just make adjustments to the other ones... even if it's lowering the keys even more... The songs have to be listenable and that version of Always just wasn't. If you remember back to the 80's, Living In Sin was adjusted and sung much lower and they actually turned into my favorite performances... If Jon lowered the keys on his ballads, they might not sound like the album versions but neither do these versions if he can't sing them...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 09-22-2015 09:51 PM

No Doubt that was his worst vocal to date... His decline increaaes with each tour and at this rate, he will not be able to pull off any of his songs within the next five years.... why doesn't he just lower it and start much deeper... but not the TLFR version... I hate that version

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ezearis 09-22-2015 10:11 PM

Superman, Radio and Always? Nice!

Edit: I just realized that they didn't play I'll Sleep When I'm Dead. THANK YOU JON.

Old Joysey 09-22-2015 10:35 PM

:lol: We need that in Europe too!

Jason Lassen
‏@HollywoodClown

#Beer tent in #Seoul for the #BonJovi show #KeepingItReal. #GetDrunkWristband! http://fb.me/3hjnL0yJK

http://res.cloudinary.com/tint/image...75132132_o.jpg

NicoRourke 09-22-2015 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1195380)
Quite diggin' Phil's solo!!!

Nah, I miss Richie so much :-/
My God Jon, let it go... That 'Always' was a sad thing to see. Props for trying though.

Captain_jovi 09-22-2015 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoRourke (Post 1195439)
Nah, I miss Richie so much :-/
My God Jon, let it go... That 'Always' was a sad thing to see. Props for trying though.

With big hits they just can't win.

SadieLady 09-22-2015 10:44 PM

Instead of a variety of short/long shows, I wish he would just pick a solid concert length and stick with it while rotating songs and set lists. It is unfair that some audiences get a deluxe length (which used to be the standard length) and some are shortened 30 minutes or more.

The interplay with the two guitarists is nice. I think since Jon couldn't fake a Richie-like comradery with either of them for the stage show and since he needed to spice up the show, he allowed the dueling guitars.

I can't imagine going out on stage in front of thousands with a voice that isn't reliable but obviously an arena show is more than "the voice" since audiences and reviews focus on the crowd reaction and the energy. A lot of arena shows are 'smoke and mirrors' with a cast and singer who can deliver it.