Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The Official November 27 Kyocera Dome, Osaka, Japan Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70456)

James_86 11-27-2018 01:33 PM

I enjoyed that. Setlist was stale but I've no doubts that will change in Europe, especially Wembley.

Jon by and large sounded good given today's standards. I'm largely positive for next summer now [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Chris_Newton 11-27-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_86 (Post 1248100)
I enjoyed that. Setlist was stale but I've no doubts that will change in Europe, especially Wembley.

Jon by and large sounded good given today's standards. I'm largely positive for next summer now [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

uh oh !!!.....incoming !!!!

faith1985 11-27-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1248098)

That is horrible. That stuff would give me nightmares. One of many reasons I would never want to be famous.

bj4ever 11-27-2018 01:47 PM

Bottom line, parts of it is ok to listen to behind my screen, some doesn't sound good. It isn't great from here, but....

People who go have fun, as I've read about 100 positive comments and 1 slightly negative, from twitter tonight. Might not be representative, who knows, but comments are still positive post shows from people when I read some.

I know people don't like to hear it on here but the whole point is having fun at a concert.
They are not playing for a handful of us over analyzing from our computer chairs.
We can complain all we want, when in reality we should just move on and enjoy the live shows when they come around, or skip them.

Either way, the negativity doesn't really lead to anything. I feel like some people should simply move on and call it a day.
ok rant over.

p.s Not being able to go anywhere without drawing a crowd must suck.

faith1985 11-27-2018 01:49 PM

Thanks to everyone who posted the streams. You can always count on this board to keep people on track with what is going on!

bonjovi90 11-27-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1248096)
What makes you think it won't? The rarities will be the audibles (These Days, Always, maybe Dry County) so Europeans won't complain they didn't get special shows. Consider yourself lucky if you get more than one a night. They'll probably play more THINFS songs since they'll probably believe the audience will be more receptive.

Does somebody honestly think that after 2 years with 0 extra effort, not even in the high-profile gigs, they are suddenly going to do a 180º and play a decent setlist with a little bit for everybody? Have you read the comments here for this tour since 2016? Any night where they play hit songs that have become rarities (BOB, ITA, IBTFY) is considered a highlight!

Trying to be fair, and I've been saying this from the beginning, Jon looks painfully out of his element. He seems to be overthinking and overworrying and that could be a reason why they have an unchanging setlist, it's a security blanket. It makes no sense since in 2015 when they had a hired gun with them they played super random songs, but it truly seems that Jon is scared to let loose.

We won't be able to tell until the Australian leg. The last 2 or 3 tours had horribly stale setlists in the USA and Japan and Australia and Europe (even with Phil X) got way more varied setlists. If we get one like today for all the Australian shows then yeah, it won't change next summer either. But so far at least the standard combo WLOL/LH didn't make it to European setlists too often on the last 2 tours.

angelsambo 11-27-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1248076)
Phil on the KTF outtro is a real highlight. He needs more of this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1248077)
You can tell he comes from harder rock than Bon Jovi. He really comes to shine in songs like KTF.

his new cd will be a badass album

Thinny 11-27-2018 02:00 PM

I can't bear the fact that he's gone back to being stuck in the same spot for the majority of the show, clutching the mic stand for dear life. I felt like on the 2nd US leg he really got past that and got back to being a front man again. I can forgive some of the poor vocals if the show is entertaining. But it just isn't at all. For me, this feels like a big backwards step from the US shows, so far....

BJFan99 11-27-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1248107)
I can't bear the fact that he's gone back to being stuck in the same spot for the majority of the show, clutching the mic stand for dear life. I felt like on the 2nd US leg he really got past that and got back to being a front man again. I can forgive some of the poor vocals if the show is entertaining. But it just isn't at all. For me, this feels like a big backwards step from the US shows, so far....

Reminds me of the Endicott show last year where Jon didn't move a single time...

WILDJOVIMAN 11-27-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1248107)

yeah? that?s what i feel :-(