Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New Fan Club Package Updates (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70782)

Litneg 11-20-2020 12:58 AM

In the heat of this debate I'm here to say that, based on Jon's replies on his last post, gold members will probably receive a pair of Bon Jovi socks in those boxes (or maybe it's just Christmas merch coming to the store).

Rdkopper 11-20-2020 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litneg (Post 1270290)
In the heat of this debate I'm here to say that, based on Jon's replies on his last post, gold members will probably receive a pair of Bon Jovi socks in those boxes (or maybe it's just Christmas merch coming to the store).

I think you're 100% correct. The box is Bon Jovi merchandise that equates to 600 dollars. It has a 1.87% markup of retail value.

Jon's most recent picture of him sitting on the couch with his guitar has him wearing those socks.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 11-20-2020 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1270289)
Sorry Rolo but These Days is not a grunge album. The band did have a grungy image at the time, but musically there is very little in common with grunge at all. I'm not Anti-grunge at all, I love a lot of bands out of that scene, but I don't hear it in These Days very much. Yes, it's a darker, moodier record, and a couple of the heavier guitar moments may have been influenced by the scene, but it's far, far from a grunge album.

I mean, This Ain't A Love Song and Hearts Breaking Even have RnB influences. Stuff like Something For The Pain and If That's What It Takes is a classic Bon Jovi style. Almost half of the album is ballads. If that's grunge to you, then I really don't think you can know what grunge is.

That pessimistic and somewhat depressing atmosphere that the whole album has is influenced by the Grunge of the time. It has nothing to do with that reverberated sound from Keep the Faith or New Jersey for example, there is a mix of blues in some tracks, but don't be fooled. On These Days Jon throws some optimism, but everything sounds with the grunge filter of the time, I see bits of Alice in Chains, riff that reminds of Soundgarden and powerful and raw lyrics like some Pearl Jam songs. This was not done by Jovi before. They sound is more raw, Jon sings angrily and desperate Hey God. come on guys.

This is not bad. I don't know why people accept that If I Was Your Mother sounds like Metallica's Black Album, but they don't accept that songs like Hey God, These Days, My Guitar ... are not influenced by the grunge and alternative rock of those years. . .

Listen the begining of What The Hell Was I by Alice in Chains and the begining of something for the pain.

rolo_tomachi 11-20-2020 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1270291)
I think you're 100% correct. The box is Bon Jovi merchandise that equates to 600 dollars. It has a 1.87% markup of retail value.

Jon's most recent picture of him sitting on the couch with his guitar has him wearing those socks.

Wow, that has to be some good socks.

Litneg 11-20-2020 01:20 AM

Well I wouldn't doubt the boxes be only merch, but they are so small

YOVANAfromPeru 11-20-2020 02:23 AM

When Jon said: "As I mentioned before..." yeah, he meant Count Basie Theatre; he was saying: "Well, we used to get a lot of joy playing for charity, we would do a Christmas show, a number of years we did this Christmas show. We played some of our stuff and we played cover stuff."
And close to the end, he also said: "I do wanna say one more time that what we're going to do here at the experience is unlike anything that myself or our band is ever offer before. And why I say that is because I have nothing else to do but give you the best year of my life.
The vaults are open.
These three Christmas songs will be delivered to you by Thanksgiving.
Film, the concert film next Friday, across our social media. Tell your friends next Friday evening I believe I believe is going to be about 6 o'clock Easter Time. The album performed live in its entirity. Then, for you guys, I don't know it would 1 or 3 months later, but we're going with the director's cut with at least 6 different songs on it. All this kind of things are gonna happen all year around.
So thank you for having faith in what we're going to do in the experience.
I can only promise you it's gonna be great."
I wear black socks a lot, so I would be okay with those. But I have no idea about $600+.

rolo_tomachi 11-20-2020 02:42 AM

interesting, but Jon should talk less and start releasing tracks at once.

Rdkopper 11-20-2020 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1270295)

The vaults are open.

I am so excited for this.

When I spoke to Obie during the THINFS Tour. The first thing I said was Cadillac Man and he started laughing. Then I said Hammersmith. He knows exactly what the fans want and I have a strong feeling it's all coming out.

Everyone is so quick to judge but the vaults are open. Right Yovana?

Thinny 11-20-2020 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1270292)
That pessimistic and somewhat depressing atmosphere that the whole album has is influenced by the Grunge of the time. It has nothing to do with that reverberated sound from Keep the Faith or New Jersey for example, there is a mix of blues in some tracks, but don't be fooled. On These Days Jon throws some optimism, but everything sounds with the grunge filter of the time, I see bits of Alice in Chains, riff that reminds of Soundgarden and powerful and raw lyrics like some Pearl Jam songs. This was not done by Jovi before. They sound is more raw, Jon sings angrily and desperate Hey God. come on guys.

This is not bad. I don't know why people accept that If I Was Your Mother sounds like Metallica's Black Album, but they don't accept that songs like Hey God, These Days, My Guitar ... are not influenced by the grunge and alternative rock of those years. . .

Listen the begining of What The Hell Was I by Alice in Chains and the begining of something for the pain.

"Influenced by" is not the same as "These Days is a grunge record". It simply isn't under any stretch of the imagination. Just becasue something is pessemistic and depressing it doesn't make it grunge. Grunge do not own these two things exclusively when it comes to music.

As I said there are certain points that are certainly influenced by the era...everything was influenced by it to some extent at that point when it comes to rock music. But that doesn't make it a grunge album at all.

Oh and sorry but If I Was Your Mother doesn't really sound that much like the black album. People hear a heavy riff and think "Oh that sounds like Metallica" because they were the biggest heavy band in the world at the time. Sure the riff is in that kind of vein, but the verses and chorus don't sound anything like Metallica.

Thinny 11-20-2020 10:08 AM

If the vaults were truley open then they could have really made a big impact with the first release through this club. Make it something like Hammersmith or even just Cadillac Man that the fans have been asking for for years. It would certainly have got them way more memberships.

Announcing the vaults are open and then supplying some newly recorded Christmas songs is somewhat contradictory in my opinion...

We'll see....I'm not one to take Jon at his word....let's see him prove the vaults are actually open....