Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

JackieBlue 11-14-2018 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1247370)
JBJ (a couple weeks ago)."... It was the first time we saw him again. He never called, never explained what happened..."

So riddle me this.

According to Jon, version n.0, the Rock Hall (rehearsal, I presume) was the first time anybody in the band had seen Richie since the Lubbock show. And the last time anybody in the band talked with him was when Richie called Jon from Hawaii and said he'd like to fly up from Cali on show day. And Richie "never called, never explained what happened."

So, knowing Richie's history, did Jon and David just assume, like most everybody else has, that the only possible reason Richie just didn't show up in Calgary had to be his addictions, because 'that's what addicts do'? Or did they, too, hear it from somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who...? Telepathy? 1-900-Psychics-R-Us? I'm open to suggestions...

And why did Jon tell People, in Nov 2016, that "nobody expected Richie to quit in the middle of the night"?

Quote:

But in the wee hours of the night before they were to take the stage, “I got a phone call in our room from Paul Korzilius, our manager. He never calls my room. I go ‘Oh no,’ and he says ‘Yep.’” Sambora would not make that night’s show — or any others since...

“That’s the story,” says Bon Jovi. “There was no fight or money issues, like the reports say. Nobody expected Richie to quit in the middle of the night for no reason..."
https://people.com/music/jon-bon-jov...ving-bon-jovi/

Nige 11-14-2018 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1247379)
And why did Jon tell People, in Nov 2016, that "nobody expected Richie to quit in the middle of the night"?

In a different interview he said it was 3pm on the day of the show they found out Richie wasn't coming - I'm more inclined to believe that as it explains why they couldn't get Phil there in time.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-14-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1247379)
According to Jon, version n.0

lol, So there was a rehearsal the day before, Richie didn’t show up but he called to say: “I’d like to come up on the day of the show to get my daughter home and unpack” JBJ said: “Yeah, sure.”
Then, “Richie quits in the middle of the night for no reason”
Then, 3pm on the day of the show they found out Richie wasn't coming.

What is he talking about? He’s being ridiculous >_< jaja
Wait! actually kinda makes sense
And JBJ said it wasn’t alcohol the reason at first interviews because: “I’m never going to bad mouth the guy. He’s a wonderful friend, wonderful collaborator.”
In the meantime Richie: “I feel bad for the fans. It's going to work itself out, it will happen. We rely on each other and I think that's it. It'll all work out in the end.”

bonjovi90 11-14-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1247380)
In a different interview he said it was 3pm on the day of the show they found out Richie wasn't coming - I'm more inclined to believe that as it explains why they couldn't get Phil there in time.

It's also funny that Jon stated "Paul didn't even have to finish the sentence...". So it couldn't have been that unexpected, some sort of malice between (at least) him and Richie must have been there in the time before.

And Phil was supposed to make it there in time, at least he stated so in an interview. Can't remember the full details, but they either got stuck in traffic and couldn't make to the plance in time or the plance couldn't take off for some reason. It was one of those two, but he was supposed to actually leave the plane and jump right on stage in Calgary that night.

JackieBlue 11-14-2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1247383)
It's also funny that Jon stated "Paul didn't even have to finish the sentence...". So it couldn't have been that unexpected, some sort of malice between (at least) him and Richie must have been there in the time before.

And Phil was supposed to make it there in time, at least he stated so in an interview. Can't remember the full details, but they either got stuck in traffic and couldn't make to the plance in time or the plance couldn't take off for some reason. It was one of those two, but he was supposed to actually leave the plane and jump right on stage in Calgary that night.

There was trouble with the plane and takeoff was delayed, iirc.

richiefan95 11-14-2018 01:35 PM

I don't believe Jon's story. 2013 at the BBC show there was a lot of tension between him and Richie. Nothing makes sense that he assumed that Richie wasn't coming only because the manager was calling him and Richie was in perfect form in 2013 so there is no evidence of a drug problem.

Also that they didn't speak after. Jon is a professional that would have made sure that Richie doesn't say anything bad about the band.
I am sure Riche could tell stories about Bon Jovi that would have much interest and he could have used that to promote an album or something. There is no way that Jon lives with that risk.
Also in 2014 Richie played with Hugh and Jon said nobody had ever seen him.

We will never know the real story but what Jon says makes no sense.

Nige 11-14-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1247385)
Also that they didn't speak after. Jon is a professional that would have made sure that Richie doesn't say anything bad about the band.
I am sure Riche could tell stories about Bon Jovi that would have much interest and he could have used that to promote an album or something. There is no way that Jon lives with that risk.

Richie will have a signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement so he won't be allowed to.

Thinny 11-14-2018 02:24 PM

Jon has always changed his story, based on what agenda he wants to push. He's always been that way, the other band members too, to a lesser extent.

I have no idea why so many people take everything he says as gospel, when we know he has constantly contradicted himself. Either people just believe the story that they choose best fits their ideals, or they are just extremely gullible...

Captain_jovi 11-14-2018 02:25 PM

And just because Jon and Richie didn't speak doesn't mean Richie and the band's lawyers didn't. It's incredibly naive to think he walked away and just didn't have any talks with anyone in the organization, especially legal. There were contracts and commitments and physicals and insurance needed for the tours.

Captain_jovi 11-14-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1247388)
Jon has always changed his story, based on what agenda he wants to push. He's always been that way, the other band members to, to a lesser extent.

I have no idea why so many people take everything he says as gospel, when we know he has constantly contradicted himself. Either people just believe the story that they choose best fits their ideals, or they are just extremely gullible...

Yah but how is saying "I left to spend time with my family" any less of the same to cover up the actual reason?

bonjovi90 11-14-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1247390)
Yah but how is saying "I left to spend time with my family" any less of the same to cover up the actual reason?

He's said that the other band members have been guilty of that too. With Jon, we just notice it more because he's the one constantly in the spotlight in terms of band activities. But they all change their stories to how they just fit themselves in the given moment.

Thinny 11-14-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

It's not. As I said, the other band members do it too, just to a lesser extent. Richie included.

Captain_jovi 11-14-2018 02:58 PM

Sorry guys, I took it to mean guys currently in the band and assumed it was about Hugh and David saying they hadn't seen Richie when they had. My bad!

Thinny 11-14-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1247394)
Sorry guys, I took it to mean guys currently in the band and assumed it was about Hugh and David saying they hadn't seen Richie when they had. My bad!

Sorry, yeah when I refer to band members I'm really referring to Jon, Dave, Tico and Richie. They will always be "the band" to me (along with with either Alec or Hugh)

YOVANAfromPeru 11-14-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1247395)
when I refer to band members I'm really referring to Jon, Dave, Tico and Richie. They will always be "the band" to me (along with with either Alec or Hugh)

Obviously!!!
Same to me

JackieBlue 11-14-2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1247381)
lol, So there was a rehearsal the day before, Richie didn’t show up but he called to say: “I’d like to come up on the day of the show to get my daughter home and unpack” JBJ said: “Yeah, sure.”...

The only "missed" rehearsal I know about is the one in January, 2013. AFAIK, all Jon has said about the day before Calgary is that he and the band flew in a day early because it was a long flight and Richie wanted to fly in from CA on the day of the show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1247389)
And just because Jon and Richie didn't speak doesn't mean Richie and the band's lawyers didn't...

I agree 100%. But I seriously doubt that Richie's lawyers would have told Jon or his lawyers that Richie had fallen off the wagon and was too messed up to get on the plane.

I repeat: acording to everything I've heard from Jon, the last time he saw Richie was in Lubbock where Richie seemed to be in fine shape. He apparently didn't pick up on any clues during the phone call from Richie about flying in on the day of; or, surely, if he had, he would have already had Phil on stand-by. So the question stands: how do Jon and David know, for a fact, what Richie's "personal issue" was?

Quote:

It isn't. But the difference I see is that 1) Richie's smokescreen didn't throw anybody under a bus; and 2) he hasn't contradicted himself seven ways from sundown in retelling it. If Jon had just stuck to his original script of "he didn't show up due to personal reasons and that's Richie's story to tell" we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

As I said earlier, if Heather was acting out in 2013, like she has been for the last few years, it's possible that Ava was the reason he didn't show up. But under those circumstances, I'd like to think that Richie could have felt comfortable telling Jon why, and that Jon would have been more sympathetic. That, along with Richie's comments in his first interview, makes me inclined to think that Ava/family was a safe fallback to answer questions without getting into band business.

Captain_jovi 11-14-2018 10:01 PM

Fair, yeah. The drug stuff might not have come from the lawyer but Takumi remained on the tour for a long while after Richie left. For all we know that could have been one of people that worked with Richie the closest that tipped the band off about that stuff.

" 2) he hasn't contradicted himself seven ways from sundown in retelling it. If Jon had just stuck to his original script of "he didn't show up due to personal reasons and that's Richie's story to tell" we probably wouldn't be having this conversation."

But how has he not? He consistently used the family line and slowly it started creeping in that he doesn't air dirty laundry about the band and him and Jon not seeing eye to eye and little things here and there. That's pretty much the same as constantly changing the reason he left.

Somethings iffy with the timeline and maybe it was Heather and Co. but if it was completely Heather and Co you'd think people would have come out and used that as a big reason he had to go.

Thinny 11-14-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1247402)

But how has he not? He consistently used the family line and slowly it started creeping in that he doesn't air dirty laundry about the band and him and Jon not seeing eye to eye and little things here and there. That's pretty much the same as constantly changing the reason he left.

To be fair, he's remained pretty consistant that his daughter needed him too. He's been fairly vocal about the band working too much, and keeping him away from Ava all along. I know it's a thin cover up, but honestly I think that there were lots of reasons this happened. Some big, some small. It just all came to a head that night for some reason that we'll never know...

YOVANAfromPeru 11-14-2018 10:25 PM

I find easier to think it was alcohol, ‘cause one of the first things we all here would do when go on vacations is drink, but I guess we wouldn’t drink too much if “we had a 100-show commitment.”

However, tomorrow Richie has a show and let’s hope there’s a whole lot of nothing of alcohol.

Eveline 11-14-2018 11:17 PM

https://twitter.com/PointBoroHS/stat...87042332082177

Finally a new vid with Richie rehearsing before the show tomorrow!

Thinny 11-14-2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1247405)
https://twitter.com/PointBoroHS/stat...87042332082177

Finally a new vid with Richie rehearsing before the show tomorrow!

From the little we heard, his voice sounds really clear and in good shape in that clip. Nice to see him interacting with the kids! Obviously, if he was wasted they wouldn't let him anywhere near them! Fingers crossed that he's finally on his way back to where he should be! The last couple of things we've seen since the Ori splt have been encouraging.

I'm just waiting for the comments saying "look at him in that clip, he's so wasted he can hardly stand".... :rolleyes:

YOVANAfromPeru 11-15-2018 01:28 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqLTGb_hMOB/

JackieBlue 11-15-2018 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1247412)

That's so cool! Thanks for sharing!!

Gregsynthbootlegs 11-15-2018 02:37 AM

Richie's voice sounds really good - very clean tone!

YOVANAfromPeru 11-15-2018 05:13 AM

Soundcheck:
Prayer https://www.instagram.com/p/BqLyG3Ilvlz/
Bridge over troubled water (on her story)
Lean on me https://www.instagram.com/p/BqLssnjF22R/

Walleris 11-15-2018 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1247409)

I'm just waiting for the comments saying "look at him in that clip, he's so wasted he can hardly stand".... :rolleyes:

Nobody's saying that.

With a strawman remark like this you come across as if it's your life's mission to defend Richie's reputation on JT at all costs. Not any better than Jon's 'brigade'.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-15-2018 10:03 AM

Those backing vocals are sounding bad... Let's hope it was fixed
Richie sounding okay, guitar sounding great

There will be a press conference at 5 pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqLHqQ2H0p0/

and Walleris you’re exagerating, again! -_-

Captain_jovi 11-15-2018 12:32 PM

Big time fan of how Richie is looking and sounding.

Rdkopper 11-15-2018 12:36 PM

I'm looking forward to attending this event tonight...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

nikos greece 11-15-2018 01:38 PM

thnx for the links... Richie looks and sounds great. i hope he produces a great solo lbum with bob rock. worthy of his legacy

JackieBlue 11-15-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1247423)

I read somewhere that the tickets had all been "slotted". I'm glad you were able to get reservations in time. Enjoy! :)

Eveline 11-15-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1247423)

ahh, you're so lucky!! can't wait to see it posted somewhere :D

JackieBlue 11-15-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1247419)
Nobody's saying that..

I think that's probably why he said he's "waiting". :p

(And how is that a strawman remark?)

Thinny 11-15-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1247419)
Nobody's saying that.

With a strawman remark like this you come across as if it's your life's mission to defend Richie's reputation on JT at all costs. Not any better than Jon's 'brigade'.

I was being sarcastic... :rolleyes:

YOVANAfromPeru 11-15-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1247425)
I read somewhere that the tickets had all been "slotted".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1247426)
ahh, you're so lucky!!

The guy is from NJ... even JBJ and the band are in New Jersey right now.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-15-2018 10:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHxm...youtu.be&t=289

Q: How was the Rock Hall of Fame?
Do you think Richie going to do again a tour, a record, with JBJ, with Tico and with you?
A: David...
Q: It would be Excited, right!?
A: David...
Q: Jajaj

lol

Eveline 11-15-2018 10:34 PM

It depends on Richie, seriously? I think it's all up to Jon and I can't see it coming unless there's a lot of money involved :rolleyes:

YOVANAfromPeru 11-15-2018 11:23 PM

No Richie in press conference... 'cause he is on stage
https://www.facebook.com/OCPONJ/videos/266674514035987/

Rdkopper 11-15-2018 11:24 PM

Unfortunately I'm not going to make it... The weather is horrible right now and with the traffic, I'll never make it...

YOVANAfromPeru 11-16-2018 12:35 AM

https://www.facebook.com/victoriamcd...6318083686725/