Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Rdkopper 06-04-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1177525)
mmm....am I the only one that thinks Cadillac Man is a bang average song? e

I 100 percent agree with you. However, it is still a song worthy of getting in good quality to complete our collection.

Rdkopper 06-04-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177517)
Just read in an old "Backstage with Bon Jovi" issue:

At one of your concerts in England you sang a song called "Cadillac Man" which you said was written for the film of the same name. I though it was a great song, and wondered where I could get it from… is it going to be on the new album?
Jon: It was never recorded though it was written for the Robin Williams film of the same name… check your favorite bootlegs I guess.

So there really isn't a studio recording of it. On a sidenote: Fighter For Love was given as a complete song to Peter Framton, who didn't record it. The Soul Truth was never recorded either. Jon and Richie also wrote a song called "If You Were In My Shoes" for Paul Young (not too sure if it was during NJ era, but at least at that period of time) who didn't use it either since it was too much hard rock for his liking.

Excellent Info! And Excellent Job!

My best guess is that there is completed footage of Fighter For Love from Access however that is the only recording of that song by Jon / Richie.

I would love to hear the verses that make that up. I did rip the chorus and it's part of my audio collection. I actually did that with all the audio from Access. The longer songs I left as stand alones and I made a mix for all the shoter ones.

Rdkopper 06-04-2014 04:13 PM

Can't Felipe just take the best know audio of Cadillac Man, which is the one from Japan, and enhance it?

Felipe, you did an excellent job with the NJ demos, try it with CM? You'll be everyones hero :D

felipe-fontoura 06-04-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177534)
Can't Felipe just take the best know audio of Cadillac Man, which is the one from Japan, and enhance it?

Felipe, you did an excellent job with the NJ demos, try it with CM? You'll be everyones hero :D

Of course! I just need to buy a new headphone and it will be soon.

I'm just a curious guy about prodution, but there was a guy who did an amazing work with "Keep me hanging on" from Hammersmith Odeon gig (1990) and this guy would be able to do a real professional job. If anyone knows him, try to contact.

Dave 1986 06-04-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1177525)
mmm....am I the only one that thinks Cadillac Man is a bang average song? Literally cannot see what all the fuss is about. Far better songs I'm looking forward to hearing polished - Backdoor To Heavan for me

I've never seen the hype either. Apart from having a New Jerseyish acoustic riff, it's nothing special. Sounds like something that could have been on Lost Highway.

Rdkopper 06-04-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felipe-fontoura (Post 1177536)

I'm just a curious guy about prodution, but there was a guy who did an amazing work with "Keep me hanging on" from Hammersmith Odeon gig (1990) and this guy would be able to do a real professional job. If anyone knows him, try to contact.

This one is definitely do-able.

The audience is not in the way like some of the others aka The Soul Truth and it's actually a decent recording.

It just needs a good production. More bass and Jon's vocals seem a little distant. I wish I had the ear and know how to fix these type of songs up myself.

ezearis 06-04-2014 05:49 PM

Obie said to a friend last year in Rio that they didn't used to record all the shows, and when they did, they didn't record all the songs. They started doing it in the last few years. For example, the whole Argentina 2010 gig isn't on tape, he said.

Maybe they don't have a good quality version of Cadillac Man to release. Or maybe they'll put it on a Keep The Faith deluxe release or boxset because of all the demos they have for New Jersey.

bonjovi90 06-04-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felipe-fontoura (Post 1177536)

Which one are you talking about? I'm curious as well!

I'll sent you the version of CM I have remastered from Osaka to start with since it doesn't seem to satisfy Rdkopper :D

Rdkopper 06-04-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177553)

I'll sent you the version of CM I have remastered from Osaka to start with since it doesn't seem to satisfy Rdkopper :D

Oh, that's not fair. I'm more than satisfied and can't thank you enough for your kindness.

I would just like to see that version contain more bass and Jon's vocals sound a little distant

bonjovi90 06-04-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177557)
Oh, that's not fair. I'm more than satisfied and can't thank you enough for your kindness.

I would just like to see that version contain more bass and Jon's vocals sound a little distant

Haha I wasn't angry, but I wouldn't have minded getting that feedback ;)
Sometimes when you're pounding your head over sth like that for hours you tend to get lost at some point :D

Rdkopper 06-04-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177558)
Haha I wasn't angry, but I wouldn't have minded getting that feedback ;)
Sometimes when you're pounding your head over sth like that for hours you tend to get lost at some point :D

Get out!

I didn't realize that u were the one who cleaned it up. I just thought it was a different source. That's why i suggested someone to master it. Okay, now i get it.

And just for the record, that version is miles better than anything I've ever heard thur far so excellent job!

I just want that perfect soundboard sound and my greed is kicking in :D

But thanks again Pal.

felipe-fontoura 06-04-2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177553)

r u hAnD90 on youtube? did u uploaded ur remaster version?

This is the "keep me hanging on" version that I was talking about.

bonjovi90 06-04-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felipe-fontoura (Post 1177562)
r u hAnD90 on youtube? did u uploaded ur remaster version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4i-KiqJiuc

Yep. I think we had some conversations over there before ;)
I remember listening to this one and being puzzled about how this guy did it - I honestly didn't find a way to get to that sound from my source files. Maybe he had a different source than the common one to begin with?

felipe-fontoura 06-05-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177563)
Yep. I think we had some conversations over there before ;)
I remember listening to this one and being puzzled about how this guy did it - I honestly didn't find a way to get to that sound from my source files. Maybe he had a different source than the common one to begin with?

I know u from youtube and from dimeadozen.

Maybe a better source, but I think it was edited from the source that we have just because it's sounding like it was re-equalized.

There's an amazing software that makes miracles and it calls SpectraLayers Pro by Sony. You can, for example, extract just the voice of a single mixed track by erasing some frequencies or maybe remove the background music from a movie scene.

Lucas_Roli 06-05-2014 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felipe-fontoura (Post 1177562)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4i-KiqJiuc

Oh man what a great cover! I had no ideea that they covered this song.Those 7 nights at London were freakin amazing to attend to. Is there anyone on this forum who has been to one of the shows from Hammersmith Odeon 1990 or any NJ concert?
It makes me so sad to see how they were able to do such amazing covers and nowadays they can't even pull of their own songs...

Rdkopper 06-05-2014 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1177570)
Oh man what a great cover! I had no ideea that they covered this song.Those 7 nights at London were freakin amazing to attend to. Is there anyone on this forum who has been to one of the shows from Hammersmith Odeon 1990 or any NJ concert?
It makes me so sad to see how they were able to do such amazing covers and nowadays they can't even pull of their own songs...

I've been to the NJ ones but to be honest, that was just the norm back then. We really didn't realize how great we had it until we looked back.

Rumen 06-05-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177563)

Cadillac Man remastered by the same guy:

Rdkopper 06-05-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumen (Post 1177576)
Cadillac Man remastered by the same guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a26jUyyTZFs

Nah, Bonjovi90's is way better. I think this guy on Youtube is just the one posting them and not the one working on them.

There are simple programs / ways to make changes to any song. Winmix is a simple program. Heck, you could make adjustments in Nero but I would not call each change a 'remaster' per say. Most of my bootlegs have some sort of subtle changes that I did myself but not enough to make a significant impact.

It's my faith 06-05-2014 04:36 PM

You can also check this out, and imagine how it would be if Bon Jovi were playing

bonjovi90 06-05-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177581)
Nah, Bonjovi90's is way better. I think this guy on Youtube is just the one posting them and not the one working on them.

There are simple programs / ways to make changes to any song. Winmix is a simple program. Heck, you could make adjustments in Nero but I would not call each change a 'remaster' per say. Most of my bootlegs have some sort of subtle changes that I did myself but not enough to make a significant impact.

Thanks, but his upload is the best sounding one of the London show I've heard. I really wonder what he did to the recording if he was the one doing it...

felipe-fontoura 06-05-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177597)
Thanks, but his upload is the best sounding one of the London show I've heard. I really wonder what he did to the recording if he was the one doing it...

one thing I can tell... there's no way to do it with audacity's noise reduction tool. This is the most popular tool for this kind of thing, but it's not perfect.

The good thing about it is that we have the chance to start some real improvements on many audience recordings. But how? lol

Nige 06-05-2014 09:14 PM

I've had a bit of a go at remastering Cadillac Man from Osaka if anyone wants a listen. I've tried to boost the vocals a bit, lower the acoustic guitars a little and generally just balance it/clean it up.

Here you go --> http://we.tl/ewfJnyhBa0

Edit: What I did forget to do was check the tuning!

rolo_tomachi 06-05-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1177602)
I've had a bit of a go at remastering Cadillac Man from Osaka if anyone wants a listen. I've tried to boost the vocals a bit, lower the acoustic guitars a little and generally just balance it/clean it up.

Here you go --> http://we.tl/ewfJnyhBa0

Edit: What I did forget to do was check the tuning!

Good Job. Hammersmith Odeon performance always I liked more however.

SuperBrad 06-06-2014 12:47 PM

I wonder if there will be lyrics in the booklet for the demos ? Hope so . It changes all the time but today im obsessed with Full moon high ... Cant wait !

rolo_tomachi 06-06-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1177634)
I wonder if there will be lyrics in the booklet for the demos ? Hope so . It changes all the time but today im obsessed with Full moon high ... Cant wait !

Me too. Retracing Cadillac Man, we know that there is not a recording studio track. But ... maybe there is some soundchek in the archives, such as Only Lonely from 7800º Farenheit Special Edition 2010, that would be fantastic, they may have soundcheck Hammersmith Odeon and maybe there is a great performance. Would fit well with NJ demos.

liljovi93 06-06-2014 01:05 PM

I doubt we will get lyrics. We didn't get it with the latest studio album in the UK.

rolo_tomachi 06-06-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1177638)
I doubt we will get lyrics. We didn't get it with the latest studio album in the UK.

I do not think, but who knows, will include 34 pages of pics. I'm impatiently waiting for the rest of snippets from itunes/amazon.

Stut 06-06-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1177634)
I wonder if there will be lyrics in the booklet for the demos ?

Apparently not.

32-Page Booklet includes:
Original album credits
Original album lyrics
Bonus track credits and lyrics
Rare images of the band from the era
Images of memorabilia from the worldwide New Jersey tour
Images of “Sons Of Beaches” sessions tape boxes and band notes
Essay by band historian Ilene Schreibman

rolo_tomachi 06-06-2014 06:04 PM

I wonder when they will announce the following commemorative releases. Hopefully have a deluxe edition of Slippery When Wet, Keep The Faith, These Days, Crush, and Have a Nice Day.

Rumen 06-06-2014 06:41 PM

We all know that the most reliable website about copyright in the USA is the U.S. Copyright Office in Washington and the most reliable website in the States about writers and publishers is the The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers also known as ASCAP.

Their webpages are public and allow people to make searches. Obviously they require registration to submit works and to see the applications forms sent, but the most important thing is that all the applications sent to the copyright office and/or to the ASCAP to be recorded, proof the existence of the work. And the property of it.

U.S. COPYRIGHT OFFICE (http://www.copyright.gov/)

In this site, "Search Records" allows to find all the recorded applications sent to the office to be recorded.

http://cocatalog.loc.gov

My quick searches had been made by random key words using all the search options given, both in "Basic Search" and "Other Search Options"

Here is what I got using "Bongiovi, John, Jr., 1962-". The results are pretty interesting, aren't they ?

1983:

01. Breakout
Registration Number / Date: PAu000546821 / 1983-09-20
Title: Breakout.
Description: 1 sound cassette.
Copyright Claimant: Metaphor Music
Date of Creation: 1983
Authorship on Application: words & music: John Bongiovi, Jr. & David Rashbaum

02. Burning for love
Registration Number / Date: PAu000546825 / 1983-09-20
Title: Burning for love.
Copyright Claimant: Metaphor Music, Ltd.
Authorship on Application: words & music: John Bongiovi, Jr. & Richard Sambora

03. Come back
Registration Number / Date: PAu000546822 / 1983-09-20
Title: Come back.

04. Get ready
Registration Number / Date: PAu000546820 / 1983-09-20
Title: Get ready.

05. Heartbreak in your eyes
Registration Number / Date: PAu000487492 / 1983-03-08
Title: Heartbreak in your eyes.
Description: 1 sound cassette + lyrics (1 p.)
Authorship on Application: words & music: John Bongiovi, Jr.

06. Love lies
Registration Number / Date: PAu000487491 / 1983-03-08
Title: Love lies.
Authorship on Application: words & music: John Bongiovi, Jr. & David Rashbaum

07. Only one
Registration Number / Date: PAu000546823 / 1983-09-20
Title: Only one.

08. Roulette
Registration Number / Date: PAu000546824 / 1983-09-20
Title: Roulette.

09. Shot through the heart
Type of Work: Music
Registration Number / Date: PAu000487490 / 1983-03-08
Title: Shot through the heart.
Authorship on Application: words & music: John Bongiovi, Jr. & Jack Ponti

I also took a quick look at the results of other searches like "Aggressive Music" and "Sambora, Richard" :

Registration Number / Date: PAu001112987 / 1988-07-08
Title: Dirty fingers / music by Richie Sambora.
Description: 1 sound cassette + lead sheet.
Copyright Claimant: New Jersey Underground Music, Inc.
Date of Creation: 1988

Document Number: V2876P037
Date of Recordation: 1993-03-29
Entire Copyright Document: V2876P037-038
Date of Execution: 8Jun92

Notes: By Richie Sambora, with other co-writers as noted. Assignment of copyright and exclusive administration rights.
Party 1: Richard Sambora (Richie Sambora) d.b.a. Aggressive Music.
Party 2: PolyGram International Publishing, Inc. (successor-in-interest to PRI Music, Inc.)

List of titles:
*** 001 ** One night understanding / Co-writer: Desmond Child.
*** 002 ** Forever mine.
*** 003 ** Pain where there once was a heart.
*** 004 ** If I can't have your love / Co-writers: Desmond Child & Diane Warren.

Document Number: V3257P021
Date of Recordation: 1996-07-18
Entire Copyright Document: V3257P021 (Single page document)
Date of Execution: 14Jun96
Title: God is a girl & 1 other title; musical compositions.
Notes: By Richie Sambora & Thomas Marolda. Assignment of copyright and exclusive administration rights.
Party 1: Richard Sambora d.b.a. Aggressive Music.
Party 2: PolyGram International Publishing, Inc., as successor-in-interest to PRI Music, Inc.

List of titles:
*** 001 ** God is a girl.
*** 002 ** Unprotected.

Document Number: V3313P014
Date of Recordation: 1996-11-21
Entire Copyright Document: V3313P014 (Single page document)
Date of Execution: 14Oct96
Title: In it for love & 1 other title; musical compositions.
Notes: By Richie Sambora & Richie Supa. Assignment of copyright and exclusive administration rights.
Party 1: Richard Sambora d.b.a. Aggressive Music.
Party 2: PolyGram International Publishing, Inc., as successor-in-interest to PRI Music, Inc.

List of titles:
*** 001 ** In it for love.
*** 002 ** Hall of fame.

Document Number: V3200P022
Date of Recordation: 1996-01-19
Entire Copyright Document: V3200P022-023
Date of Execution: 6Dec95
Title: Never learn; musical composition / By Richie Sambora & Sabelle Breer.
Notes: Assignment of copyright and exclusive administration rights.
Party 1: Richard Sambora, individually & d.b.a. Aggressive Music.
Party 2: PolyGram International Publishing, Inc., successor-in-interest to PRI Music, Inc.

List of titles:
*** 001 Never learn

Document Number: V3453D898
Date of Recordation: 2000-06-12
Entire Copyright Document: V3453 D898 P1-4
Date of Execution: as of 1Jan00
Title: 30 titles; musical compositions / By Richie Sambora & co-authors as noted.
Notes:Assignment.
Party 1: Richie Sambora d.b.a. Aggressive Music.
Party 2: WB Music Corporation.

List of titles:
001 Made in America / Co-author, Richie Supa.
002 Hard times come easy / Co-author, Richie Supa.
003 Fallen from Graceland / Co-authors, Richie Supa & David Bryan.
004 You're not alone / Co-author, Thomas Morolda.
005 Undiscovered soul / Co-author, Richie Supa.
006 In it for love / Co-author, Richie Supa.
007 If God was a woman / Co-authors, Richie Supa & David Bryan.
008 All that really matters / Co-author, Richie Supa.
009 Chained / Co-authors, Thomas Morolda & Ernie White.
010 Downside of love / Co-authors, Richie Supa & David Bryan.
011 Harlem rain / Co-author, Richie Supa.
012 Who I am / Co-author, Marti Frederiksen.
013 Con air (hidden track) Co-author, Richie Supa.
014 Rest in peace / Co-author, David Bryan.
015 Church of desire.
016 Stranger in this town / Co-author, David Bryan.
017 Ballad of youth / Co-author, Thomas Morolda.
018 One light burning / Co-authors, B. Foster & Thomas Morolda.
019 Mr. Bluesman.
020 Rosie / Co-authors, Jon Bon Jovi, D. Child & D.Warren.
021 River of love.
022 Father time / Co-author, D. Child.
023 The answer / Co-author, B. Foster.
024 One night understanding / Co-author, D. Child.
025 Best days of my life / Co-author, Thomas Morolda.
026 Great hall of fame / Co-author, Richie Supa.
027 Black and blue / Co-authors, Richie Supa & David Bryan.
028 Going it alone / Co-author, D. Child.
029 Pain where there once was a heart.
030 If I can't have your love / Co-authors, D. Child & Diane Warren.

http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/doc....cgi?V3453D898

2005:
Document : V3522 D721 P1-16
Document title: 113 titles; musical compositions / composed by Richard S. Sambora, with co-composers as noted.
http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/doc....cgi?V3522D721

As I already said we could also try ASCAP (http://www.ascap.com/) archives.
https://www.ascap.com/Home/ace-title-search/index.aspx

Section - Writers:

BONGIOVI JOHN F - 400 results found
SAMBORA RICHARD S - 342 results found

rolo_tomachi 06-06-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumen (Post 1177657)
We all know that the most reliable website about copyright in the USA is the U.S. Copyright Office in Washington and the most reliable website in the States about writers and publishers is the The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers also known as ASCAP.

05. Heartbreak in your eyes
Registration Number / Date: PAu000487492 / 1983-03-08
Title: Heartbreak in your eyes.
Authorship on Application: words & music: John Bongiovi, Jr.

07. Only one
Registration Number / Date: PAu000546823 / 1983-09-20
Title: Only one.

I also took a quick look at the results of other searches like "Aggressive Music" and "Sambora, Richard" :

013 Con air (hidden track) Co-author, Richie Supa.

024 One night understanding / Co-author, D. Child.
025 Best days of my life / Co-author, Thomas Morolda.

027 Black and blue / Co-authors, Richie Supa & David Bryan.
028 Going it alone / Co-author, D. Child.
029 Pain where there once was a heart.

Interesting, but should have more songs. We definitely need all albums deluxe edition. Including solo albums.:)

ezearis 06-06-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1177638)

Lot of bands aren't giving you the lyrics of the songs, that sucks. I used to love to play the full brand new album while reading the lyrics. Those things are gone, now is all listening random songs on iTunes.

nickolai 06-06-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1177636)
Only Lonely from 7800º Farenheit Special Edition 2010

Was this definitely recorded in 1985 as part of a soundcheck? Because Jon's voice sounds very 1988/1990 live era. I guess he must really put on that husky voice and not bother for soundcheck

rolo_tomachi 06-06-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1177665)
Was this definitely recorded in 1985 as part of a soundcheck? Because Jon's voice sounds very 1988/1990 live era. I guess he must really put on that husky voice and not bother for soundcheck

I think it was a take Soundcheck 1986 or 1988. Would be interesting a take of Cadillac Man soundcheck from Hammersmith Odeon 1990.

Pstmatt 06-08-2014 08:41 PM

Why is NJ Delxue not mentioned on BJ.com?

It's nowhere to be found on bonjovi.com. Weird. I would think it would be in the news section as an upcoming release.

rocknation 06-08-2014 11:22 PM

The release date seems to be July 1. They're probably going to do a formal marketing rollout soon.

SuperBrad 06-09-2014 07:37 AM

Um , so i just got full moon high on i tunes australia . Very dissapointed . Somethings way wrong . Too much bass and drums ..... Guitar almost non exsistent and its way faster . Jon sounds like a chipmunk . Its like obie took Richie out . Bootleg way better . Homebound train was great . This one is terrible :(

Lucas_Roli 06-09-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1177743)
Um , so i just got full moon high on i tunes australia . Very dissapointed . Somethings way wrong . Too much bass and drums ..... Guitar almost non exsistent and its way faster . Jon sounds like a chipmunk . Its like obie took Richie out . Bootleg way better . Homebound train was great . This one is terrible :(

I can hear Richie just as well as on the youtube version. The song always had a very catchy rhythm and now that it's way faster,for me it sounds even better.
The only part where Jon sounded like a chipmunk to me was when he says ''Pretend I'm VALENTINO'',indeed that valentino sounds like it has auto-tune or something...But overall i love it,it's in the original key,Jons vocals are very clear and I can't wait to hear the guitar solo!

Really looking forward to other previews,hope the next one will be Backdoor To Heaven.

kleman 06-09-2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1177744)
I can hear Richie just as well as on the youtube version. The song always had a very catchy rhythm and now that it's way faster,for me it sounds even better.
The only part where Jon sounded like a chipmunk to me was when he says ''Pretend I'm VALENTINO'',indeed that valentino sounds like it has auto-tune or something...But overall i love it,it's in the original key,Jons vocals are very clear and I can't wait to hear the guitar solo!

Really looking forward to other previews,hope the next one will be Backdoor To Heaven.

Do we have any YT link from these two new songs ?

SuperBrad 06-09-2014 09:33 AM

I dont know how to share links ect .... Sorry . On like 10th listen and just thinks its too fast ! Anyway .... All cool .