Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Captain_jovi 08-23-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1150898)
So Phil X is a supermodel now..
Geez. wish I earnt $10,000 a month plus expenses for being a fill in.

I don't think you know what Phil X does for a living.

Kathleen 08-23-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1150907)
I thought Phil's tweet was offensive and far from classy.

I think it is the first bit of honesty we have heard from anyone directly involved in this situation. It is a breath of fresh air in a very stale, stagnant situation.

MellyMel 08-23-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1150915)
I think it is the first bit of honesty we have heard from anyone directly involved in this situation. It is a breath of fresh air in a very stale, stagnant situation.

I completely agree!

CKatz 08-23-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1150913)
It's a common way of.phrasing that kind of statement in a joking manner. Picture him saying it in a Diva-like way like a super model which is where the phrasing comes from. I believe it was Naomi Campbell that coined the phrase "i don't get out of bed for under $10,000 a day"

I don't think it's funny. Maybe this is a cultural difference.

Captain_jovi 08-23-2013 02:45 PM

It wasn't a comment on how he thinks he's worth more. Look at his credit history and think of how much he probably makes to play on some huge albums as a session musician. He'd actually make less money go on tour with the biggest band in the world than to just stay at home so if you're taking it as crass you're probably missing his point.

Rue 08-23-2013 02:49 PM

OMG people, the point of Phil X's tweet was that RumorFX is all bullshit.

DevilsSon 08-23-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1150907)
I thought Phil's tweet was offensive and far from classy.

Why exactly was it offensive? To me, it seemed offensive to assume that he'd be paid $10k a month in the first place. That is just ridiculous...I mean - while that's good money, I am sure he's aware Bon Jovi gross an average of $2.5m per show. There weren't many others who could have done the same job in such short notice, and being in the industry for so long, he would have met quite a few lawyers by now. All this means that $10k a month is an insult.

danfan 08-23-2013 03:33 PM

I've always respected the band for not airing their dirty laundry in public. That's all well and cool, and I'm sure that's what Jon and Richie are thinking here. Probably feels as though it's nobody's business but the band's. That's where they're wrong. As fans, we are owed at least a YES or NO as to whether Richie will be back, and if that can't be provided, then just say "I really don't know right now."

5 months going and all we've had is stupid ass tweets from Matt and rumors from tabloid websites. Inexcusable.

Shaz 08-23-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1150915)

^^This.

What a sad and now heading to boring state of affairs this has become eh. Go hard or go home I say...sort the sh*t out...move on [the band I'm referring to here] Fate accompli that all bands/artists call it a day but never thought Jovi land would be embroiled in whatever the f*ck this is. A mate posted a few pages back that they were glad to have been there at the start of the band's great journey and grateful for the memories, but alas, feel the magic twixt them and BJ is gone...I too feel the same...I will always love the music they put out from the 80's and 90's...Crush kinda gets included, but post Crush...blah and increasing blah...they have been sorta slowly musically castrating themselves for a while now...which is not a great thing in itself...add this current state of play in...well, just sad state of affairs.

Sissy3 08-23-2013 03:38 PM

Well the stupid ass tweets from Matt will stop....at least for the time being. :)