Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official Youtube.com Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36750)

Tom_K 09-18-2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1227990)
I was actually at this show and still have my ticket stub.. Z100 is one of the biggest radio stations in NYC and every year they put on an all-star Christmas concert with a bunch of bands. It's called Jingle Bell...

I believe this was the show Green Day had a shit-fit demanding they close the show... They tried to mock Bon Jovi by playing Wanted and were expecting boos but instead the entire arena decided to sing along instead...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

It's actually called Jingle Ball, not Bell.

I read people were chanting Bon Jovi during the Green Day set and many left after Bon Jovi finished. Billie Joe Armstrong was pissed and performed the last song naked (I guess trying to get attention?).

IIRC, Green Day were also mocking Livin' On A Prayer by singing "Living on my hair...". That kinda backfired when people started singing the chorus though. :)

steel_horse75 09-18-2017 12:03 PM

24 years ago I was at my greatest ever gig.

Great support from Manics, Little Angels and Billy Idol with the amazing Steve Stevens on guitar.

Thinny 09-18-2017 02:57 PM

I remember so clearly listening to the MK Bowl show on the radio on the Saturday and then driving to MK the next morning for the Sunday show with my Uncle. I guess I was 15 at the time. Such a great day! Dry County was phenomenal....I loved their version of Help, and I remember Richie added part of The Answer into his acoustic guitar solo before Wanted. And then they added With A Little Help From My Friends to the end at the last minute! Amazing! I guess that this was also the last time that I saw them with Alec, although I did see Alec again performing with Paul Rodgers, Slash, etc at the Night Of 100 Guitars show at Wembley Arena, 1994.

steel_horse75 09-18-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1228009)
I remember so clearly listening to the MK Bowl show on the radio on the Saturday and then driving to MK the next morning for the Sunday show with my Uncle. I guess I was 15 at the time. Such a great day! Dry County was phenomenal....

I never nearly got tickets. My dad said he would put it on his credit card as I was 18 and didnt have one.
Then my mate and his girlfriend wanted to go so his mum said if we gave her the money she would send off a cheque.
Week before gig and no tickets. 3 days before gig - no tickets.
Rang up the ticket company and they had no record of my mates mums order.
She checked her bank account and no cheque had been cashed. Looked in her cheque book and there was no stub - she hadnt sent chq off. She forgot.
I grabbed my dads credit card and was lucky there were a handful of tickets left as I needed 4. It was too late to send them out so I had to go the pick up desk on the day and pick them up there.
On way home from gig my car broke down and we got in at 3am. We were so hungry we stopped at a roadside place that sold burgers. I bit into mine and felt a huge pain in a tooth at the top of my mouth.
It was killing me so next day went dentist and the hole was so big I had to have it taken out!
Eventful 3 days but the gig was amazing. The band in their prime.

bonjovi90 09-18-2017 08:27 PM

Speaking of the MK 93 gig:

steel_horse75 09-18-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1228013)

Shame there's no vid footage of the gig.

rolo_tomachi 09-18-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1228013)

Wow, this remastered sounds great. Magic performance.

Rdkopper 09-19-2017 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_K (Post 1227992)
It's actually called Jingle Ball, not Bell.

Potato - Patato

Rdkopper 09-19-2017 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1228015)
Wow, this remastered sounds great. Magic performance.

Damned has a great talent for cleaning up audio (and video)... I wish I could send him my entire collect for enhancements...

bonjovi90 09-21-2017 07:04 PM

In my personal opinion the best Jovi cover band there ever was. How I would've had the chance to see them live back then!

Tracklist:
01. These Days [0:00]
02. Bang A Drum [6:10]
03. Como Yo Nadie Te Ha Amado [12:18]
04. Dry County [17:48]
05. Lie To Me (cut) [28:32]
06. I'll Be There For You [30:58]
07. Bitter Wine [38:02]
08. Blood Money [43:04]
09. With A Little Help From My Friends [45:56]
10. Dyin' Ain't Much of A Livin' [52:11]