Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

danfan 09-04-2013 04:52 PM

This thread is depressing me. Can't think of any other word other than flabbergasted at the lack of information and communication from Jon or Richie to their fans that have been so supportive of them for the past 30 years. Great times, bad times - Whatever. This disrespect and alienation has left me not even wanting to listen to the band anymore.

I got into it with someone on Facebook last night because I'm not going to the show at Mohegan Sun. They just didn't get it. I'm not skipping it because Richie won't be there. I'm skipping it because I'm disgusted at how this whole thing has been handled and I won't enjoy myself.

Kathleen 09-04-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1151606)
This thread is depressing me. Can't think of any other word other than flabbergasted at the lack of information and communication from Jon or Richie to their fans that have been so supportive of them for the past 30 years. Great times, bad times - Whatever. This disrespect and alienation has left me not even wanting to listen to the band anymore.

I got into it with someone on Facebook last night because I'm not going to the show at Mohegan Sun. They just didn't get it. I'm not skipping it because Richie won't be there. I'm skipping it because I'm disgusted at how this whole thing has been handled and I won't enjoy myself.

I am (in my own mind) giving Jon something of a pass since the last article pointed out that technically he is Richie's employer and as such he cannot talk about him publicly. I am not sure about all the legal aspects, especially in the music business but in my business (engineering) as someone's employer, I cannot make public certain information.

Yes, I am sure there are ways around this and perhaps the article that was posted was exactly that, sanctioned by Jon behind the scenes but not a word publicly.

In any case, I will be at The Mohegan Sun, ready to rock and hopefully, enjoy myself. I bought those tickets so long ago I am not about to get a refund now.

SadieLady 09-04-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1151604)
My point was he hasn't addressed Bon Jovi fans since this mess started.

Richie may not be addressing everyone's biggest concerns (probably either for legal reasons or the fact that he still wants to work things out and return to the tour) but to say that he hasn't addressed the fans is wrong. He tweets more than anyone in the band and is responding directly to fans via the Sambora Saturdays & Sundays. I think the whole reviewing of past music and his current free release was set up so that he could engage his fans. He is just not saying the words you want to hear.

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora10 Aug
Hey guys just wanna say thanks and love for all your support.....can't say much right now accept that.... Thank you...
Expand

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora2 Aug
All I can do is thank everyone from the deepest part of my heart. The fact that we connect thru music is beautiful..
Expand

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora10 Jul
Music is a relationship. I've tried my heart out to give you all that is inside me. All I can say is Aftermath is the path to know who I am.
Expand

Hey I wanna thank everybody for gettin me to 100k. And for all the kindness and support.
Expand
Hey everybody, there's nothing I can say right now cause nothing is resolved. I thank you all for your loyalty and concern...
Expand
Hey there's too much to say right now so I won't say anything......love you all...thank u for your support...

JoviJovi 09-04-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1151609)
Richie may not be addressing everyone's biggest concerns (probably either for legal reasons or the fact that he still wants to work things out and return to the tour) but to say that he hasn't addressed the fans is wrong. He tweets more than anyone in the band and is responding directly to fans via the Sambora Saturdays & Sundays. I think the whole reviewing of past music and his current free release was set up so that he could engage his fans. He is just not saying the words you want to hear.

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora10 Aug
Hey guys just wanna say thanks and love for all your support.....can't say much right now accept that.... Thank you...
Expand

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora2 Aug
All I can do is thank everyone from the deepest part of my heart. The fact that we connect thru music is beautiful..
Expand

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora10 Jul
Music is a relationship. I've tried my heart out to give you all that is inside me. All I can say is Aftermath is the path to know who I am.
Expand

Hey I wanna thank everybody for gettin me to 100k. And for all the kindness and support.
Expand
Hey everybody, there's nothing I can say right now cause nothing is resolved. I thank you all for your loyalty and concern...
Expand
Hey there's too much to say right now so I won't say anything......love you all...thank u for your support...

I am talking about addressing BAND fans. I could care less about sambora Saturdays and Sundays. You're right, he is not saying what 30 yrs of loyalty deeserves.

Captain_jovi 09-04-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1151610)
I am talking about addressing BAND fans. I could care less about sambora Saturdays and Sundays. You're right, he is not saying what 30 yrs of loyalty deeserves.

But why can't he be talking to the band's fans too? Does he have to say Bon Jovi for it to be specific enough?

JoviJovi 09-04-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1151611)
But why can't he be talking to the band's fans too? Does he have to say Bon Jovi for it to be specific enough?

No, but releasing solo stuff and retweeiting things like "you sing this better that the band version" doesnt make me warm and fuzzy and excited to hear from him. In addition to the veiled comments and tweeting at times where its weird for him to tweet because, oh I dont know, his band is playing in NJ , it all feels like a slap in the face. He is far more concerned with the handful on twitter that feed his ego.

joloriquelme 09-04-2013 06:20 PM

10 days until Santiago's concert, and this is the official ad from the promoter.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...51565613_n.png

I think this is the first official 'image' of the band without Richie that we see here.

Jolo.

ben 09-04-2013 06:31 PM

2 new articles

Glenn Osrin's new article from examiner.com
http://www.examiner.com/article/rich...ct-part-1-of-2

http://etainmentnewsreviews.wordpres...f-the-lowdown/

jessycardy 09-04-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 1151614)

This "review" aka Bon Jovi bashing is anything but new, it was posted in November 2012.

ben 09-04-2013 06:56 PM

Oops! sorry! I thought it was new, a friend sent it to me as a recent posted article.. but it's definitely an interesting one right? but wow.. Reading this feels like this guy really did take the words out of my mouth. just my opinion :-)