Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

bonjovi90 08-29-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1258539)
Richie pre and post HAND tour feel like two different people from all the shit he went through, yeah. After that it started feeling very "put on" in interviews sometimes.

That's also how I feel with Jon during that era when he most likely went through his midlife crisis and morphed from the youthful rockstar to the elder statesman on stage.

Eveline 08-29-2019 06:50 PM

So maybe some things aren't meant to last forever? When a rock band becomes a mouthpiece for its CEO's political views and making good music isn't their priority anymore, you know something went very wrong there. I was told it's something 'all old rock bands are doing these days' so I should get over it. I replied that apparently we listen to different artists. Or maybe not? :rolleyes:

faith1985 08-29-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1258531)
Still not sure how all that = he doesn't care about his daughter. But ok.

His daughter is stupid for OD'ing, he's not wrong. He was bound to be pissed, he doesn't like negative press, but that doesn't mean he doesn't care.

I don't know if he cares or doesn't care but tbh, I thought the reaction was very strange.

faith1985 08-29-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1258538)
Well, but he was never the same when he entered the WAN tour, both in terms of performance and vocals to what he had been before hand. Even the 12 12 12 concert, he looked like a different person.

Yeah, but in terms of this scenarion, Richie is just the same. Especially in his latter years with Bon Jovi, he was constantly bragging and exaggerating numbers in interviews, too.

I agree. But with Jon it feels more 'abgeklärt' too lazy to look the word up :-).
No matter what, it is a sign of insecurity (and I am not just saying it, science backs it up too) And for me Jon never admits any mistakes. Look how he tried to find excuses for this awful performance before the Tel Aviv show 'sorry....mumble...but this is the last show of the tour. When he got nailed to the ticket prices, he flat out lied 'yeah. my brother just told me about it' and when it is about bragging he is the first to point out that he is THE CEO.

I know you donÄt want to hear it ;-). But I recently found out that the model (how Jon calls it) of the Soul Kitchen has been there before. 'No prices on the menu, pay it forward...--> exactly the words you find at Karma Kitchen which has been there years before the Soul Kitchen

And look at the 'love songs' Always: I'Ve made mistakes, I am just a man' BOR: basically saying: I cheated but blabla. Then there are countless songs about this topic: Wedding Day, Damned...and then the line about 'I don't care if the devil is keeping score...' . For me these are all indications for Jon being the opposite of what he pretends to be. But looking at I Want To Be Loved and the family tree line...let's say: maybe karma is a bitch

I think Jon does not have a conscience and needs constant validation

Supersonic 08-29-2019 07:57 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1258547)
And look at the 'love songs' Always: I'Ve made mistakes, I am just a man' BOR: basically saying: I cheated but blabla. Then there are countless songs about this topic: Wedding Day, Damned...and then the line about 'I don't care if the devil is keeping score...' . For me these are all indications for Jon being the opposite of what he pretends to be. But looking at I Want To Be Loved and the family tree line...let's say: maybe karma is a bitch

Erm, are you alright?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

faith1985 08-29-2019 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1258541)
That's also how I feel with Jon during that era when he most likely went through his midlife crisis and morphed from the youthful rockstar to the elder statesman on stage.

I'd say the midlife crises is still going strong...

Eveline 08-29-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1258547)

I totally get it. You don't even need to read between the lines. It's right there, loud and clear. I wonder what makes him keep ruining everything that he's built. Or is it that he wants everything at once? Let's have a family but not settle down. Let's have a band but it's all about me?

faith1985 08-29-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1258548)
Aloha !

Erm, are you alright?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yes, I am good. No need to share my opinion but please take your judgement to yourself :D. Cannot deal with a typical Supersonic post today :-)

faith1985 08-29-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1258550)
I totally get it. You don't even need to read between the lines. It's right there, loud and clear. I wonder what makes him keep ruining everything that he's built. Or is it that he wants everything at once? Let's have a family but not settle down. Let's have a band but it's all about me?

If he truly is a narcissist, he absolutely needs the validation from everyone. Just watched a video by a professor who just said the same: She actually used the words:
a person might love it to be a perfect 'family man' to the outside but does not see a problem in having a side piece. That being said, I don't think / or don't care that Jon has got an affair. I mean Jon basically said (even if it was as a joke): he does not want to celebrate his birthdays alone, he loves his money more than his wife. Maybe he did not mean it at all but this is not funny I think

Supersonic 08-29-2019 08:13 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1258551)
Yes, I am good. No need to share my opinion but please take your judgement to yourself :D. Cannot deal with a typical Supersonic post today :-)

https://media.giphy.com/media/cwbvB0MXZfnry/giphy.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1258550)

No, they're song lyrics to a Bon Jovi song. Stop trying to turn them into something they're not. Apart from a few exceptions Bon Jovi lyrics aren't autobiographical. What's next, analyzing Welcome To Wherever You are by pretending Jon's a border customs officer?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan