Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

bj7800 05-22-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1131855)
Some of you are getting really nasty. I have a feeling a lot of you are going to regret what you've said once the truth comes out.
People have been forcing him to say something, now he has: He has a lot to say, but doesn't want to (or can't) right now. That's not too hard to understand..... I understand the frustration of not knowing what is going on, but we will eventually.

Your missing the point. Most us could careless what the reason is for missing the tour. He doesn't need to give us a blow by blow intimate knowledge of his personal issues. A straightforward statement regarding his intentions is what is needed.
The silly thing is by his patronising tweets and lack of a clear statement he is creating more speculation and focus on himself.

tico_6 05-22-2013 08:53 AM

Not sure what to make of all of this, just a real bad situation.

I have been a fan for a long time and i remember the days when Richie's playing was flawless and his tone was brilliant. The combination of Jon and Richie with two acoustic guitars is legendary.

If it is substance abuse or alcohol, my experience with a family member who went through this type of thing is the person simply changes. The person you once knew is no longer the same person and no matter how hard you try to help them you sometimes cannot stop them from making fools of themselves. Until the particular person turns it all around it is very difficult to co exist. All you can do is support but at times that is extremely difficult. I know my family member got into some real shit situations and burnt a lot of bridges.
I would imagine being in one of the biggest rock bands on the planet whilst going through this can't be easy and in fact maybe these silly tweets we are getting is Richie making a fool of himself without realising. Who knows whats going on, i just hope it all works out.

CKatz 05-22-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj7800 (Post 1131863)
Your missing the point. Most us could careless what the reason is for missing the tour. He doesn't need to give us a blow by blow intimate knowledge of his personal issues. A straightforward statement regarding his intentions is what is needed.
The silly thing is by his patronising tweets and lack of a clear statement he is creating more speculation and focus on himself.

This is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. No matter what, people will bitch. Things don't seem to be very straightforward right now, which is why he can't give the explanation you want and feel you deserve. I do however think a statement from him is about to come, but not on twitter.

bj7800 05-22-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1131865)
This is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. No matter what, people will bitch. Things don't seem to be very straightforward right now, which is why he can't give the explanation you want and feel you deserve. I do however think a statement from him is about to come, but not on twitter.

There doesn't need to be an explanation. A simple I have some personal issues right now but hope to rejoin the tour or say that he can't commit to being on this tour but is still in the band out of the band etc. Its not fair to leave fans uncertain whether he will be playing at shows or not. People want to plan and Richie being there or at least telling us he is attempting to be there does impact on a lot of fans.

Some sort of genuine statement that shows some respect for his fans than silly tweets.

The Rock 05-22-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1131865)

This is how I took it too. I don't think his depressed or worried about his mental state but Richie is about too talk. Jon has done his interviews, Richie is now ready to talk but just there is too much too say and it can't be done on twitter.

I don't think that Jon was hinting that substances abuse. When he said, we have been through this before, it was the missing of the shows, not the same reasons. If Jon was making up crap and Richie is clear, then he has got alot to answer for and I don't think Jon is that stupid to make up bullshit because Richie can counter him. It's now Richie making a statement regarding the future of his role in the band.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 05-22-2013 10:04 AM

3 minutes ago...

Quote:

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora 3m

Just don't worry... Everything's good....
*sigh*

PatriciaSambora 05-22-2013 10:05 AM

Richie just tweeted @TheRealSambora: Just don't worry... Everything's good....

Kryten2340 05-22-2013 10:05 AM

Just don't worry... Everything's good....
9:00am - 22 May 13

CKatz 05-22-2013 10:10 AM

No matter how many times Richie tells fans he is fine and not to worry, there will still be people who think he's back to drinking, ill or has mental issues. It's ridiculous. Richie must be just as frustrated as everyone else is by the constant gossip and lack of patience.

Crushgen24/88 05-22-2013 10:11 AM

Just popped in to post Richie's tweet. This is just getting weirder.

Crushgen24/88 05-22-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1131896)
No matter how many times Richie tells fans he is fine and not to worry, there will still be people who think he's back to drinking, ill or has mental issues. It's ridiculous. Richie must be just as frustrated as everyone else is by the constant gossip and lack of patience.

If only there was some simple way to nullify that...

Crushgen24/88 05-22-2013 10:15 AM

As far as the depression comment, I don't think it's any secret on this board that I deal with/have dealt with my fair share of problems in that area, and I would greatly feel for Richie if that were the case. HOWEVER he is a public figure, and he or someone around him should realize that his tweets are only making things worse. If he /his team would just release a simple statement, without any type of "gory" details, it would go a long way in calming all of this down.

CharlieShipley 05-22-2013 10:17 AM

I think it's obvious Richie met an unfortunate end in a car accident, and Phil X is the "new Richie." Because if you look at the cover of "Bounce," Paul McCartney is barefoot, and "Burn The Candle Down" played backwards says "Richie will miss Europe." And "Bobby best player solos."
Jeez people, open your eyes.

gkkes 05-22-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1131897)
Just popped in to post Richie's tweet. This is just getting weirder. 9:00am 22 May 13

9.00am in Gateshead is 01.00am in LA

Beaky 05-22-2013 10:47 AM

I really didn't get the impression that he was about to make a statement. I think, if that were the case, he wouldn't have posted another 'stop-gap' tweet.

I think by mentioning that he 'loves the band' in the past, Jon's quote about 'I hate my brother', Richie's responses after every Jon interview telling everyone he's fine and Jon's total apathy towards Richie (warranted) and frustration with the situation show that this is NOT a health issue.

The whole 'when he's ready to give 100%... ' etc etc... Well, we saw Richie enjoying himself onstage. But there's more to being in a band, being on tour and promoting an album than being onstage. I think Richie wasn't putting his weight behind the new record, and was still focused on Aftermath. I think he was told that this would have to change on the next leg of the tour. I think he took an ill-advised stand and used a convenient excuse. I might get shot down for saying that, I might get proven wrong but I believe Jon called his bluff.

THIS is why Richie can't come out and say anything and this is why Jon is DARING him to. What can Richie say? 'Jon's a meanie... he wanted me to promote the band's album... '

CKatz 05-22-2013 10:54 AM

Sorry Beaky, but that doesn't make much sense to me. The band have always been supportive of each other's outside projects. Even encouraging them, saying it's for the benefit of the band.
Jon also knew Richie was doing a solo album. It was Jon's choice to do another album and tour so early, knowing that Richie (and Tico) were not really ready. Jon doesn't have the right to complain that Richie was barely involved with WAN. Jon could have just waited.

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2013 11:15 AM

The Jon's ego.
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/314...onofrichie.jpg

Power Struggle.
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2...jvssambora.gif

Lisa71 05-22-2013 11:24 AM

Matt just tweeted:

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi
Hitting the gym listening to @TheRealSambora record. Bring it on

kenobi_on_a_prayer 05-22-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1131917)
Matt just tweeted:

I was about to post that. FFS.:confused:

MrIks from Finland 05-22-2013 11:29 AM

WTF are these Richie's tweets from today??!!:

"Just don't worry... Everything's good...."

"Hey there's too much to say right now so I won't say anything......love you all...thank u for your support..."

C'moon just tell us something! Are you planning to join the band??

Lisa71 05-22-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenobi_on_a_prayer (Post 1131918)
I was about to post that. FFS.:confused:

Do you think his taking the piss somehow? Like in a way of trying to say all is good Sambora, I am listening to your CD, I support you.

PatriciaSambora 05-22-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Matt just tweeted:

I don't like it.. I think he's making fun of Richie...

MrIks from Finland 05-22-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1131921)
Do you think his taking the piss somehow? Like in a way of trying to say all is good Sambora, I am listening to your CD, I support you.

I think is it his sad attempt to make us think that everything is good between the band and Richie....

Crushgen24/88 05-22-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Matt just tweeted:

It's mind-numbing that they still let him Tweet.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 05-22-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1131921)

Matt enjoys the power he has to yank our chain, but who knows what's up or down anymore...

CKatz 05-22-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1131923)
I think is it his sad attempt to make us think that everything is good between the band and Richie....

That's how I read it, too.

ben 05-22-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora (Post 1131922)
I don't like it.. I think he's making fun of Richie...

I have the same feeling too. I don't find any truth in any of Matt's tweet.
being honest is an unknown word for Matt imo.

SuperBrad 05-22-2013 11:45 AM

Going by Richies last tweet and Matts last tweet , i would say all is good ...

Lisa71 05-22-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1131923)

That's how I see it. Just when Richie says he can't talk, Matt is saying that his listening to his CD.

BUT...BUT I do think Richie's latest tweet about him doing good and everything fine, is a good sign and just maybe/hopefully they talked, him and Jon. Maybe someone told Jon about Richie's tweet and said, you need to talk to him ASAP. Who Knows!!

MrIks from Finland 05-22-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1131936)
Maybe someone told Jon about Richie's tweet and said, you need to talk to him ASAP. Who Knows!!

At least not Matt, that's for sure:)

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2013 12:01 PM

They have to settle their differences, dammit.

MrIks from Finland 05-22-2013 12:03 PM

If Dr Phil show is still running Jon and Richie should definitely go there!

Beaky 05-22-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1131910)
Sorry Beaky, but that doesn't make much sense to me. The band have always been supportive of each other's outside projects. Even encouraging them, saying it's for the benefit of the band.
Jon also knew Richie was doing a solo album. It was Jon's choice to do another album and tour so early, knowing that Richie (and Tico) were not really ready. Jon doesn't have the right to complain that Richie was barely involved with WAN. Jon could have just waited.

But Jon's not sounding particularly supportive of Richie's situation right now; which is how I reach my conclusion. I think the one thing that is clear, is that these two are not supporting each other whatsoever at present.

CKatz 05-22-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1131943)
But Jon's not sounding particularly supportive of Richie's situation right now; which is how I reach my conclusion. I think the one thing that is clear, is that these two are not supporting each other whatsoever at present.

I agree with that, we just don't know why yet.

MrNickel 05-22-2013 12:31 PM

Dear god this thing keeps getting stranger.

Neurotica80 05-22-2013 12:46 PM

Well I'm sticking to my original theory of a rift. Sounds like Richie is almost worried to say anything at all and he hasn't once denied a fall out. If it was drink/rehab/family problems I reckon it would have leaked by now.

Oh and Matts tweet, he really is a bellend. Best thing to do is completely ignore him, attention seeking tit!

Beaky 05-22-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1131956)

Oh and Matts tweet, he really is a bellend. Best thing to do is completely ignore him, attention seeking tit!

You are EPIC...

danfan 05-22-2013 12:53 PM

God, what a friggin' assclown Matt is. If not for his brother, he'd probably be ripping tickets at traveling carnival.

Beaky 05-22-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1131959)
God, what a friggin' assclown Matt is. If not for his brother, he'd probably be ripping tickets at traveling carnival.

That's a promotion from where he sits in my mind...

Neurotica80 05-22-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1131959)

Can we get this image photoshopped?