Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jbjhand 05-22-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1131962)
Can we get this image photoshopped?

hahahaha yes PLEASE :)

ben 05-22-2013 01:09 PM

ok I know I know it's not important but here is Matt again replying to fans.. again. grrr

tracy allison ‏@TracyLAllison

@JoviHolic31 and certainly not sarcastic either. What the F is wrong with @MatthewBongiovi listening to Richie while he works out???

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi

@TracyLAllison @joviholic31 lmao are you for real? LMFAO it's a great record and it keeps me pushing. Do you speak English?

Despina ‏@JimmyShoes_

@MatthewBongiovi @TracyLAllison @JoviHolic31 Nooo Matt! You got the convo wrong. That was sarcastic. Tracy is with you!!

@JimmyShoes_ @tracylallison @joviholic31 my apologies Tracy. I stand corrected. I guess we all get emotional about our brother

The Rock 05-22-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1131938)
At least not Matt, that's for sure:)

You can say that again, 100%. Matt wouldn't dare show Jon what he tweets. Matt keeps his own tweets to himself. Someone needs to let Jon know what is going on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 1131964)

@JimmyShoes_ @tracylallison @joviholic31 my apologies Tracy. I stand corrected. I guess we all get emotional about our brother

Whats with his latest tweet, we all get emotional about our brother? When did Matt join the brotherhood of the band? That's Jon, Richie, Tico and David. When Jon says that line "I hate my brother and I quit" he means those three other guys in the band, no one else.

Jonty 05-22-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1131908)
I really didn't get the impression that he was about to make a statement. I think, if that were the case, he wouldn't have posted another 'stop-gap' tweet.

I think by mentioning that he 'loves the band' in the past, Jon's quote about 'I hate my brother', Richie's responses after every Jon interview telling everyone he's fine and Jon's total apathy towards Richie (warranted) and frustration with the situation show that this is NOT a health issue.

The whole 'when he's ready to give 100%... ' etc etc... Well, we saw Richie enjoying himself onstage. But there's more to being in a band, being on tour and promoting an album than being onstage. I think Richie wasn't putting his weight behind the new record, and was still focused on Aftermath. I think he was told that this would have to change on the next leg of the tour. I think he took an ill-advised stand and used a convenient excuse. I might get shot down for saying that, I might get proven wrong but I believe Jon called his bluff.

THIS is why Richie can't come out and say anything and this is why Jon is DARING him to. What can Richie say? 'Jon's a meanie... he wanted me to promote the band's album... '

agreed!! The 'Personal issue' is actually his problem with Jon!

Jonty 05-22-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1131917)
Matt just tweeted:

Hitting the gym listening to @TheRealSambora record. Bring it on

Whole thing is a joke now.

Bonjovi fans (inc myself) = laughing stock and being taken for a complete ride by this clown and the band

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1131962)
Can we get this image photoshopped?

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7...ttcarnival.jpg

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2315/mattpast.jpg

JoviJovi 05-22-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1131967)
You can say that again, 100%. Matt wouldn't dare show Jon what he tweets. Matt keeps his own tweets to himself. Someone needs to let Jon know what is going on.

Whats with his latest tweet, we all get emotional about our brother? When did Matt join the brotherhood of the band? That's Jon, Richie, Tico and David. When Jon says that line "I hate my brother and I quit" he means those three other guys in the band, no one else.

Not trying to defend Matt at all but he did say in one of his tweets that RS is like a brother to him. I think he meant it that way and not as in THE brotherhood that is the band. But then again, it's Matt so you never know.

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1131963)
hahahaha yes PLEASE :)

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3498/matttrip3.gif

Kryten2340 05-22-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1131936)
That's how I see it. Just when Richie says he can't talk, Matt is saying that his listening to his CD.

BUT...BUT I do think Richie's latest tweet about him doing good and everything fine, is a good sign and just maybe/hopefully they talked, him and Jon. Maybe someone told Jon about Richie's tweet and said, you need to talk to him ASAP. Who Knows!!

This I can believe as there was a 6 hour gap between Richie's two tweets. I thought it was strange for him to wait 6 hours before following up with the don't worry everything is good tweet.

steel_horse75 05-22-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Jon Bon Jovi admits he’s struggling to keep his mouth shut over Richie Sambora’s absence from the band.

The guitarist didn’t appear as planned for the current leg of their world tour last month – and the message only arrived at 3.30pm on the first show day in Calgary.

Since then the singer has fielded queries over the situation, saying the pair haven’t fallen out and it’s not about money. Sambora himself has only tweeted two brief comments, the later on saying: “Hey everybody, just want you all to know I’m all good. Thanks for the positive vibes.”

Earlier this week Bon Jovi said he had only spoken to his bandmate once since he was replaced by Phil X, who stood in during Sambora’s 2011 visit to rehab.

Now he tells the Standard: “It’s getting more and more difficult every day to not just say something. Because all I can say is this: it’s for personal reasons.

“He’s been through it before. Fortunately for us the same guy who filled in last time was available this time. If someone chooses not to be here… If The Edge for some reason couldn’t make a U2 show, it would be very difficult to just step in.”

Reflecting on Sambora’s position he says: “You have a choice. You either figure it out, go and grow, not only survive but thrive – or you say, ‘I hate my brother and I’m gonna quit the band.’”
From Classic Rock

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1131987)
From Classic Rock

I think in the pated of 10 days, sprucing up the problems.

jessycardy 05-22-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1131987)
From Classic Rock

That's just a reworded sum of what already came out with the two interviews for UK tabloids a few days ago. This thing's getting closer to regain media's attention once again.

nrm123 05-22-2013 02:53 PM

I just don't know what to think anymore I've lost a lot of respect for him over this he is still my idol and always will be my inspiration after seeing him in London last year I thought he was the best guy on earth seemed so friendly and that he actually cares about his fans and music but these tweets are pissing me off

jessycardy 05-22-2013 02:54 PM

Someone tweeted Matt about Jon's "The Edge" interview (pass me the shortcut, but I think it makes it clearer for everybody) and Matt's reply was interesting.

Aussie-Lesley ‏@AussieLesley 12h
@MatthewBongiovi @DannyAspinall IMO everyone is reading into what Jon says too much. He wants RS back but is leaving the ball in his court.

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 12h
@AussieLesley @dannyaspinall 100%

https://twitter.com/MatthewBongiovi/...01777146781696

EMG8181 05-22-2013 03:27 PM

My first thought when i heard because we can,Is that really Sambora playing the guitarsolo?Doesnt sound like him at all and it sounds like crap to me.Watching the liveclips from this tour i think he play better guitar than last 15 years or more.That makes me thinking how much he really play on the album..Everytning happend very quick with this album,when was it recorded?Never seen RS tweet something about the studiosession as he did with his Aftermath album.
Maybe he´s been pissed if BJ album was in the writing and recording progress in the middle of his solotour and promotion...Just saying.

Captain_jovi 05-22-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMG8181 (Post 1132000)
My first thought when i heard because we can,Is that really Sambora playing the guitarsolo?Doesnt sound like him at all and it sounds like crap to me.Watching the liveclips from this tour i think he play better guitar than last 15 years or more.That makes me thinking how much he really play on the album..Everytning happend very quick with this album,when was it recorded?Never seen RS tweet something about the studiosession as he did with his Aftermath album.
Maybe he´s been pissed if BJ album was in the writing and recording progress in the middle of his solotour and promotion...Just saying.

It's him on a lot of the album, just dialed way way way way back. It's def him on BWC, the phrasing is definitely his style.

EMG8181 05-22-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1132001)
It's him on a lot of the album, just dialed way way way way back. It's def him on BWC, the phrasing is definitely his style.

Its him "on a lot of the album" ? Reminds me of Kiss and Ace Frehley in the late 70´s.

Captain_jovi 05-22-2013 03:54 PM

Fact of the matter is both Dan Huff and John Shanks have said in the past they played on the albums too, we know Bobby did the solo on Wildflower. During HAND promo Richie was interviewed alone and when talking about the song he kept referring to it as "Wildfire". I genuinely think Richie's played 80 to 90 percent of the guitar work on the albums but WAN is so devoid of any creativity guitar wise. He's adapted this weird single note picking thing during The Circle and it's carried forward to this.

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1132007)
Fact of the matter is both Dan Huff and John Shanks have said in the past they played on the albums too, we know Bobby did the solo on Wildflower. During HAND promo Richie was interviewed alone and when talking about the song he kept referring to it as "Wildfire". I genuinely think Richie's played 80 to 90 percent of the guitar work on the albums but WAN is so devoid of any creativity guitar wise. He's adapted this weird single note picking thing during The Circle and it's carried forward to this.

Since working with John Shanks, does not touch David, Tico either.

This is not because Sambora is a bum. Jon works more comfortable that way, that's why I hate John Shanks.

In Bounce and crush you could see how they recorded the songs in the studio, and had better results than now.

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1132007)

Since working with John Shanks, does not play David, Tico either.

This is not because Sambora is a bum. Jon works more comfortable that way, that's why I hate John Shanks.

In Bounce and Crush you could see how they recorded the songs in the studio, and had better results than now.

TwinFan 05-22-2013 04:07 PM

If Richie's not gonna be in Bon Jovi, he should be the full time house band on the Craig Ferguson show.

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1132015)
If Richie's not gonna be in Bon Jovi, he should be the full time house band on the Craig Ferguson show.

No. I hope that is in Bon Jovi, and also get more solo albums like Aftermath.

semigoodlookin 05-22-2013 04:19 PM

See, I don't think Richie is on Because We Can at all. Someone said it is his phrasing, maybe but on such a solo hardly impossible to duplicate. The interesting thing for me is the backing vocals, admittedly I have not listened to the song a lot, but I am sure all the backing vocals are Jon too.

samboraisgodUK 05-22-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1132018)
See, I don't think Richie is on Because We Can at all. Someone said it is his phrasing, maybe but on such a solo hardly impossible to duplicate. The interesting thing for me is the backing vocals, admittedly I have not listened to the song a lot, but I am sure all the backing vocals are Jon too.

Richie plays and sings on Because We Can.

CharlieShipley 05-22-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1132018)

I have felt this too, and not just BWC. A few others on the album sound like all vocals are done by Jon, and possibly some backing by David. Especially since, shortly before Aftermath was released, Seb mentioned it was possible to replicate the "tone" of someone's voice

Not to say that Richie can't be heard, most strongly for me on "Fighter" WAN and "Into The Echo."

peewee 05-22-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1132021)
Richie plays and sings on Because We Can.

So you stood there in the studio while they were recording the whole thing?

I admit the solo may sound like his phrasing style but, the way it's played... I always thought it was Jon. Still it's just my opinion.

samboraisgodUK 05-22-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1132022)
I have felt this too, and not just BWC. A few others on the album sound like all vocals are done by Jon, and possibly some backing by David. Especially since, shortly before Aftermath was released, Seb mentioned it was possible to replicate the "tone" of someone's voice

Not to say that Richie can't be heard, most strongly for me on "Fighter" WAN and "Into The Echo."

Listen to any song from What About Now with the back channels louder (you can do it in a programme like audacity, or some devices/speakers have a button which does essentially the same thing, usually called expand or something similar) and you can hear Richie incredibly clearly. In many songs it's really loud, the speakers I used in my kitchen have one of these buttons which I leave on for most songs as it just makes the sound a lot fuller, but I have to turn it off when listening to What About Now because the backing is just too loud and you can hear it over the main vocal part.

Beaky 05-22-2013 05:08 PM

Even if he is on BWC, it's hardly the same involvement he had on some songs he'd not even been credited on in the past - say, 'Bed of Roses' for instance.

He might have done a day or two of backing vocals but those guitars could be ANYONE.

I watched the footage of What About Now from the gig the other night, which has Phil visible in it for the whole song. He doesn't play ONE SINGLE NOTE. It's just chords throughout. Not sure there's been a Bon Jovi song in the past where the sole function of the band's lead guitarist is to just play simple chords over and over...

So even if Richie did record this album, it's certainly doesn't seem like it was him and Jon at the console like it's been in the past.

ezearis 05-22-2013 05:08 PM

Why do everyone try to read so much about Matt's tweet, I'm pretty sure he hitted the gym and started listening Richie's record out of curiosity. It's a nice record to work out. To me is just that, the dude was listening to it and shared it on Twitter as he usualy does.

CharlieShipley 05-22-2013 05:08 PM

Cool! I'll try this.

Jonty 05-22-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1132022)

and thick of thieves

Neurotica80 05-22-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1132031)
Why do everyone try to read so much about Matt's tweet, I'm pretty sure he hitted the gym and started listening Richie's record out of curiosity. It's a nice record to work out. To me is just that, the dude was listening to it and shared it on Twitter as he usualy does.

I don't think so. He replied to every negative tweet about it, he loves it. Why bring Richie up when he doesnt have to at all?

jessycardy 05-22-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1132031)

C'mon, the guy gets everybody reading stuff into tweets that absolutely have nothing to do with Richie at all, do you believe he didn't think twice before tweeting something like that? I don't know what he was trying to convey (probably just wanted to reassure people that he doesn't have anything against Richie or his album), but it must have been intentional. He also specifically tagged Richie in it, so Richie will be notified.

ezearis 05-22-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1132035)
I don't think so. He replied to every negative tweet about it, he loves it. Why bring Richie up when he doesnt have to at all?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1132036)
C'mon, the guy gets everybody reading stuff into tweets that absolutely have nothing to do with Richie at all, do you believe he didn't think twice before tweeting something like that? I don't know what he was trying to convey (probably just wanted to reassure people that he doesn't have anything against Richie or his album), but it must have been intentional. He also specifically tagged Richie in it, so Richie will be notified.

I honestly believe the guy was listening to the record while he was at the gym and wanted to share it, maybe it crossed his mind "Richie fans are going to love this" before pressing "Tweet". Tagging is something that almost everyone does on Twitter: you talk about Spotify, you put @Spotify, you talk about Wallmart, you put @Wallmart. Is not like Facebook tagging. Or maybe yes, he wanted him to know that he was listening to the record, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Matt might be a dick, but he's a simple dick. He doesn't think things that much.

Captain_jovi 05-22-2013 05:36 PM

Richie's voice is all over the album, it's very prominent on almost every track. His playing is simply auto-pilot. I don't doubt for a second the solos are him and some of the leads but the rhythm tracks are questionable.

No way in hell the BWC solo is Jon. He attempted it the first show Richie was gone, before Phil, and he botched it bad. It's Richie.

ben 05-22-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1132036)

I agree with you. I don't think Matt tweets just like that, I think this tweet about Richie was in purpose, to make fun of him. and to see how many fans still support him. that's sad.
generally he likes controversy very much and he likes to sit down after tweeting like this and watch fans arguing. saddest thing is that he's very rude to them. what a nice attitude this man has! he divides the fans, like it wasn't enough already that he destroyed the fan base. this is my opinion.

bjcrazycpa 05-22-2013 06:01 PM

I'm not going to comment on Matt specifically as he is a friend but I can say (knowing him and his relationship with Richie) that the tweet was definitely NOT sarcastic and not making fun of Richie in any way.

choclady 05-22-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1132051)
I'm not going to comment on Matt specifically as he is a friend but I can say (knowing him and his relationship with Richie) that the tweet was definitely NOT sarcastic and not making fun of Richie in any way.

oh lord, what kind of friends do you have :???:

Mysterytrain 05-22-2013 06:06 PM

I didn't think Matt was being sarcastic, either. If there was any intent behind the Tweet, I think it was to show solidarity with Richie, especially since he tagged Richie in the Tweet.

Beaky 05-22-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1132051)

Honestly, no matter how much of a tool Matt can come across, I think his thought process was that lots of people were picking up on Jon's comments and his apparent lack of empathy for RS. Plus, with 'Edge-Gate' ... I think this was Matt's way telling Richie he is still respected and wanted; hence the follow up tweet calling him his 'brother' again.

Jon's press this week has really put a lot of sh*t back at Richie's door, which we presume he deserves. Matt is just trying to defuse a situation I think.