Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jovifan93 09-07-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joriile (Post 1151787)
I thought he would come back for Europe...Anyway...I made this video a few days ago...:rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRw6lbEWwK8

Great video, just hope he won't be gone for seven years :D

JackieBlue 09-07-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlochty (Post 1151785)
No, but I can see why it was his last show. He plays and sings his heart out and the vast majority of people in the background remain seated. Even though IBTFY was obviously a massive hit in the U.S., people still can't be bothered. Little wonder he left :rolleyes:

I think he might have been thinking that instead of IBTFY, he.could have, and maybe should have, been singing ERLHTY; and realized that it just wasn't going to happen no matter what had been said before the tour started.

Becky 09-07-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1151798)
I think he might have been thinking that instead of IBTFY, he.could have, and maybe should have, been singing ERLHTY; and realized that it just wasn't going to happen no matter what had been said before the tour started.

And that would have gone over even worse than his singing IBTFY. At least IBTFY is a song people know.

Supersonic 09-07-2013 04:45 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1151798)

Not even Richie Sambora fans think Every Road is that great of a song, and it'd pale compared to other Bon Jovi classics. Like Becky says, it'd go over a lot worse. Really, the only person who thinks Every Road is such a killer song is Richie Sambora, but then again, Richie Sambora nowadays seems to be the only one convinced that he's a true lead singer, true guitarist and true allround artist while the past few years have proved that he's quite the opposite nowadays.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

semigoodlookin 09-07-2013 05:28 PM

I don't think any Sambora song would go over that well. I have heard plenty of casuals moaning cause he sings a Bon Jovi song, so how about a solo song that no one knows. We constantly make the mistake here of thinking we (the die-hard fans) make up the majority of a concert crowd. We don't and Sambora is not that famous as an artist in his own right. Fact.

Stiggy 09-07-2013 06:02 PM

Good Saturday Morning!
As Bon Jovi heads back out on the road in just 3 more days, without The Sambora, please, try and keep a level head and show him support and love! REMEMBER, he's not there because he doesn't want to be. He's not there, because he's not allowed to be. Send Richie positive tweets, and celebrate the First Birthday of "Aftermath of the Lowdown" instead. Richie has to be allowed to move forward in life and let go. Trust me, he's hurting too!
~ Lisa
Richie has asked to return several times and is not getting a call back from Jon.
It is a known fact, Richie will NOT be there in 3 days! He will be in London for Fashion Week! I'm sorry to be the person to bring this bad news. Jon is done with it and isn't going to make anymore announcements regarding this! Otherwise, it would have been done already! Bon Jovi now consists of Jon, David, and Tico! Until further notice from Jon! I would not post anything without finding out facts! Someone in the Sambora Camp has told me this! He may return at a later date...but as of the 10th of September, Richie will not be there! These people are trusted by Richie and they won't break confidences! They drop little things here and there, but do not come out and say the actual reason, as it would cross a line. So I am only allowed so much info.

& here an idiot paying lipservice to the borg/lund camp on ISORS fb :rolleyes:

JackieBlue 09-07-2013 06:08 PM

I wasn't stating an opinion one way or another about the song or the crowd response. I probably should have clicked Post Reply rather than Quote bc I wasn't responding to anyone's comment in particular. It was just something I'd wondered about since I saw the clip awhile back. Didn't mean to stir up the critics again. But I guess any excuse is better than none...

danfan 09-07-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1151802)
Aloha !

Not even Richie Sambora fans think Every Road is that great of a song, and it'd pale compared to other Bon Jovi classics. Like Becky says, it'd go over a lot worse. Really, the only person who thinks Every Road is such a killer song is Richie Sambora, but then again, Richie Sambora nowadays seems to be the only one convinced that he's a true lead singer, true guitarist and true allround artist while the past few years have proved that he's quite the opposite nowadays.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Actually, I like the song. Not compared to Bon Jovi songs, but compared to some of his other solo stuff. Never been a fan of Richie's solo material.

Javier 09-07-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1151805)
Good Saturday Morning!
As Bon Jovi heads back out on the road in just 3 more days, without The Sambora, please, try and keep a level head and show him support and love! REMEMBER, he's not there because he doesn't want to be. He's not there, because he's not allowed to be. Send Richie positive tweets, and celebrate the First Birthday of "Aftermath of the Lowdown" instead. Richie has to be allowed to move forward in life and let go. Trust me, he's hurting too!
~ Lisa
Richie has asked to return several times and is not getting a call back from Jon.
It is a known fact, Richie will NOT be there in 3 days! He will be in London for Fashion Week! I'm sorry to be the person to bring this bad news. Jon is done with it and isn't going to make anymore announcements regarding this! Otherwise, it would have been done already! Bon Jovi now consists of Jon, David, and Tico! Until further notice from Jon! I would not post anything without finding out facts! Someone in the Sambora Camp has told me this! He may return at a later date...but as of the 10th of September, Richie will not be there! These people are trusted by Richie and they won't break confidences! They drop little things here and there, but do not come out and say the actual reason, as it would cross a line. So I am only allowed so much info.

& here an idiot paying lipservice to the borg/lund camp on ISORS fb :rolleyes:

And rightly so. If he would be allowed to come back with such little dates left on the tour and so much time passed since he walked out of it it would only fuel his conceited attitude towards the bands work. Jon as his employer and band leader for the good of everyone must draw a line and make it clear that a tour and an album cycle is not something you can just walk away from and walk in whenever in fancies you....

golittleperson 09-07-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joriile (Post 1151787)
I thought he would come back for Europe...Anyway...I made this video a few days ago...:rolleyes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRw6lbEWwK8

You did a great job, that's the Richie I love.