Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 09-11-2013 07:06 PM

Richie's tweets are nice and sad at the same time, I don't know... But it's good to see some of that Brotherhood vibe back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1152110)
What I mean is that for Jon, everyone is replaceable, no matter what.

Yeah, and that's exactly why they're postponing the shows until Tico can play again.

rolo_tomachi 09-11-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1152115)
Richie's tweets are nice and sad at the same time, I don't know... But it's good to see some of that Brotherhood vibe back.

Yeah, and that's exactly why they're postponing the shows until Tico can play again.

I think not. Jon seek a Tico replacement, the dates will be delayed so that the new drummer have time to rehearse the songs. That is my opinion. Tico should rest for a month at least, he does much physical effort on stage and having a fresh scar, not think Jon will call again, to ensure that no danger.

jessycardy 09-11-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1152116)
I think not. Jon seek a Tico replacement, the dates will be delayed so that the new drummer have time to rehearse the songs. That is my opinion. Tico should rest for a month at least, he does much physical effort on stage and having a fresh scar, not think Jon will call again, to ensure that no danger.

Could be. People right now are complaining that Bon Jovi don't have a backup drummer, so it's the usual damned if you, damned if you don't. I believe they should postpone the entire South American leg and I'm pretty sure the band would rather do that too.
The thing you might want to consider is it's not like Jon is sitting on a throne, wearing a crown and going "yes" and "no" with a whip in his hand. Postponing or cancelling a show is a rather complicated deal and you might be surprised to know Jon or anyone else in the band or even management don't have as much power in the decision-making as you might think.

samboraisgodUK 09-11-2013 08:38 PM

This is more like it.

https://soundcloud.com/touchezanreo/...ith-le-harmony

I'm only a minute in so if it turns shit and Nikki Lund does a rap or something then I'm absolving myself of any responsibility.

Kathleen 09-11-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1152119)
This is more like it.

https://soundcloud.com/touchezanreo/...ith-le-harmony

I'm only a minute in so if it turns shit and Nikki Lund does a rap or something then I'm absolving myself of any responsibility.

Nope, it's just Richie with some harmony. It says he and Luke Ebbin did it. Good to hear him sound good.

danfan 09-11-2013 08:49 PM

Jon's in a tough spot. Like others have said, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. He has a responsibility to play these shows, and doesn't want to Axl Rose them. At the same time, anyone who is too thick to not understand why he would just want to cancel the tour now, who gives a shit what they think?

Shit happens. The band has been very lucky throughout their career that nothing this crazy has ever happened. He should just make a public statement on the band's webpage and on Facebook saying that due to Richie's absence and Tico's health, they're ending things early. It's not fair to the fans that have paid good money to see the whole band and delaying things any more is just not realistic. Thank people for their patience. Let them know they need a break but will be back in a couple of years.

Is there anyone here that wouldn't agree with this?

samboraisgodUK 09-11-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1152122)
Nope, it's just Richie with some harmony. It says he and Luke Ebbin did it. Good to hear him sound good.

Yeah I've got to the end now and realised :p

He sounds fantastic on this. It's interesting that Bernie Taupin is tagged in it, I know he co-wrote Taking a Chance on the Wind with Richie and it certainly has an Elton vibe to it. I'm sure if Elton John had released this today it'd be everywhere.

JoviJovi 09-11-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1152124)
Jon's in a tough spot. Like others have said, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. He has a responsibility to play these shows, and doesn't want to Axl Rose them. At the same time, anyone who is too thick to not understand why he would just want to cancel the tour now, who gives a shit what they think?

Shit happens. The band has been very lucky throughout their career that nothing this crazy has ever happened. He should just make a public statement on the band's webpage and on Facebook saying that due to Richie's absence and Tico's health, they're ending things early. It's not fair to the fans that have paid good money to see the whole band and delaying things any more is just not realistic. Thank people for their patience. Let them know they need a break but will be back in a couple of years.

It's perfectly reasonable so I am sure there are those who disagree.

SuperBrad 09-11-2013 08:57 PM

Yeah i would prefer they cancelled the rest of the tour .

rolo_tomachi 09-11-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1152124)

AMEN.
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/ima...taxidriver.gif